"Errors Found Suggested Fix Same share (downloads) exists in a different case This will confuse SMB shares. Manual intervention required. Use the dolphin / krusader docker app to combine the shares into one unified spelling Same share (Downloads) exists"

Gizo

Linux is case-sensitive, but SMB isn't. You have a share named Downloads, and you have a share named downloads.

If you try to access either the Downloads share or the downloads share over the network, you will only be able to access the contents of one of these.

Probably you have accidentally created one of these shares with a docker mapping that specified the wrong case.

You need to combine these into a single share and make sure nothing (such as a docker mapping) specifies a path using the wrong case.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Linux is case-sensitive, but SMB isn't. You have a share named Downloads, and you have a share named downloads.

If you try to access either the Downloads share or the downloads share over the network, you will only be able to access the contents of one of these.

Probably you have accidentally created one of these shares with a docker mapping that specified the wrong case.

You need to combine these into a single share and make sure nothing (such as a docker mapping) specifies a path using the wrong case.

Is it best to delete this hares then? I'm not sure what the best action to take next..

Its resolved, needless to say. Just figured as a support team and  you guys would be a little more informative. I wasn't asking to be given a handheld book to fix the isses. Just a response out of respect using equal respect would of be nice. Not everyone is a super IT / Network guy. and that's why i come to you guys... I do my due diligence  searching before bring my problems to unraid.

Thanks ether way...

Gizo

Edited by Gizo
1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Just figured as a support team and  you guys would be a little more informative. I wasn't asking to be given a handheld book to fix the isses. Just a response out of respect using equal respect would of be nice. Not everyone is a super IT / Network guy.

As a point of information.  This is a user forum and 99.99% of the support comes from volunteers who are not being paid in any form  other than the satisfaction of helping their fellow Unraid users.  So a bit more respect on your part would be appreciated.  You should realize that the folks requesting assistance often have very little technical knowledge--- unlike you, apparently.   Most of them appreciate enough information to fix the problem in a one post rather than a short response that does not provide enough information for that person to resolve the issue. 

• Like 1