[Solved] Ran out of cache space, dockers crashed/won't respond.

FreeMan

I ran out of cache disk space - my fault! I'm clearing unnecessary files and fixing configs so it doesn't happen again.

However, various dockers won't respond, and attempting to restart them gives an Error 403. I'm now at 63% cache space utilization, so there shouldn't be any issues there.

nas-diagnostics-20210917-0712.zip

Is this simply a case of reboot the server or are there other trouble shooting tips I should try first?

Edited by FreeMan
I ran out of cache disk space - my fault! I'm clearing unnecessary files and fixing configs so it doesn't happen again.

However, various dockers won't respond, and attempting to restart them gives an Error 403. I'm now at 63% cache space utilization, so there shouldn't be any issues there.

nas-diagnostics-20210917-0712.zip

Is this simply a case of reboot the server or are there other trouble shooting tips I should try first?
Reboot first and see if that fixes it

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

There are multiple ATA errors for cache2, and it's logged as a device problem, so you should keep an eye on that:

Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel:         res 51/40:20:40:2e:3d/00:00:12:00:00/e0 Emask 0x9 (media error)
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: ata6.00: status: { DRDY ERR }
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: ata6.00: error: { UNC }
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: ata6.00: configured for UDMA/133
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#30 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x00 driverbyte=0x08 cmd_age=0s
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#30 Sense Key : 0x3 [current]
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#30 ASC=0x11 ASCQ=0x4
Sep 12 00:37:48 NAS kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#30 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 12 3d 2e 40 00 00 20 00

8 hours ago, sheldz8 said:

Reboot first and see if that fixes it

Well, that does seem to have done the trick.

7 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Your docker image is corrupted, probably because the pool got full.

You should delete the image and reinstall your dockers from previous apps.

This, fortunately, seems to have been unnecessary. I know it's not a big deal to delete the img and start over, but why mess if I don't have to...

6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

There are multiple ATA errors for cache2, and it's logged as a device problem, so you should keep an eye on that:

Joy... I've got another disk throwing some CRC errors, too. Don't really want to have to replace 2 drives at the same time.

The spinning disk started throwing errors after I physically moved the server just a bit while it was running. It could be as simple as a able is a smidge loose. That's what I'm counting on, anyway. :) Unfortunately, my plan for an easy to access setup isn't as easy as I thought it would be, so it's a bit of a pain to get to the server now. :( I do need to shut it down and double check all the cables. I just need to muster the oomph to do it.

• FreeMan changed the title to [Solved] Ran out of cache space, dockers crashed/won't respond.