Cyberpower UPS and Unraid - not working

Ystebad

Unless you have this plugin installed, unplugging the USB key is fatal and will require a restart. Since the USB is no longer mounted at the moment, no configuration changes will be saved, and the array will start a parity check when you restart. As long as you fully stop the array before shutdown, you can safely cancel that check this time.

37 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Unless you have this plugin installed, unplugging the USB key is fatal and will require a restart. Since the USB is no longer mounted at the moment, no configuration changes will be saved, and the array will start a parity check when you restart. As long as you fully stop the array before shutdown, you can safely cancel that check this time.

34 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Do you have any USB 2.0 ports internally on the motherboard? If so, get one of these.

image.thumb.png.caa9e41818ce5fbc6bd810b8850ab63d.png

Yes I do have one USB2 header on MB. Unfortunately it's already in use to power my front of case USB ports which are USB2 only.  I guess I can try running a cable all the way around to the front of the case - janky.  

Isn't USB3 backwards compatible - why can't I use an open USB3 port already in place?  Appreciate all your help BTW - thank you very much.

Edited by Ystebad
new info on case
On 9/18/2021 at 6:09 PM, Ford Prefect said:

...it will depend on the exact model and connection type (USB, ETHERNET, ...).

If it does not work with apcupsd, try the NUT Plugin...check compatibility here: https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

Installed NUT, did autodetect (said done but no specific message or sign that it found the UPS) and despite setting Start Network UPS Tools service: YES  and apply it says status: stopped.

Installed NUT, did autodetect (said done but no specific message or sign that it found the UPS) and despite setting Start Network UPS Tools service: YES  and apply it says status: stopped.

Check the unraid log..not sure if there is a log with the nut plug-in, separately...if so, check there as well.

Based on the Info from @Michael_P above and your answer, that you have the same UPS model, I'd gather your above problems with the USB stability still exists and it will not go away, just by installing NUT.

Try to solve that first.....then try apcupsd first, not NUT.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G780G mit Tapatalk