Need help setting up M.2 NVMe drives with Bitfurcation

I am trying to set up a new cache pool with two NVMe drives (Crucial P5 500GB).

I have this Mainboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/C246N-WU2-rev-10#kf and got this PCIe-Card https://www.delock.de/produkte/G_89045/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en . Long story short: It does not work, Unraid does not show me the new drives when I want to assign them to the new cache pool. I already changed the bios setting "CPU PCIE x16 Switch" ("Allows you to determine how the bandwidth of the PCIEX16 slot is divided. (Default: 1x16)") from [1x16] to [2x8] as well as [1x8 & 2x4], which does not make any difference.

What am I doing wrong here? Please tell me if you need any more information. And I hope, i put this into the right category. If not, don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks.

Damn. But should'nt I be able to at least see/use one of the two drives right now? The notes of the PCIe-Card say "Without PCIe bifurcation only the first M.2 slot of the card can be used." I just want to rule out other possible errors before I send the new hardware back and start over from scratch...

4 minutes ago, ArdNsc said:

The board has just one PCIe-Slot.

I meant having only a device in the adapter first slot.

4 minutes ago, ArdNsc said:

Can you tell if the adapter card is getting recognized?

Unfortunately that's not possible, it's transparent to the OS, you see the NVMe device(s) if it works, but noting if it doesn't or there aren't any NVMe devices installed.

• 4 weeks later...

So: For testing I am running the PCIe port in [1x16] default mode with one NVMe-Drive installed on the Expansion Card. The NVMe-Drive is detected in Bios:

Seg:Bus:Dev:Func 00:01:00:00

Model Number CT500P5SSD8

Total Size 500.1 GB

Vendor ID 1344

Device ID 5405

Namespace: 1 Size: 500.1 GB

But I can't see it in unRAID. When I try to add Disks to my Cache Pool or create a new one, the drive is not there.

What am I missing here?