TPM for KVM please?

NLS

+1 please

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.194
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/09/16/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22000-194/

This build includes a change that aligns the enforcement of the Windows 11 system requirements on Virtual Machines (VMs) to be the same as it is for physical PCs. ..... Running Windows 11 in VMs in other virtualization products from vendors such as VMware and Oracle will continue to work as long as the hardware requirements are met.

4GB of memory, 64GB of storage, UEFI secure boot, graphics requirements and TPM 2.0 are the right minimum system requirements

Edited by Neuubda
13 hours ago, agh1701 said:

I hope we get a solution that does not require custom xml.

It is in the works.

As you can see from my screenshot from above (2 posts above yours) it is indeed working and the only change I've made is to the xml in terms of the TPM module and the BIOS (pretty minor changes) but that can be integrated into unRAID.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, I don't think so because it has to be done mostly manually like it is now, please wait a little longer and I think it will be integrated natively into unRAID.

I already have a VM Win11 that cannot update further because of this. :(
(also cannot go back to 10 because I deleted the files)
I really hope they add it soon.

Else maybe help us do it with some guide... pls.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Another update (I know there is much on the screen but I wanted to show that Bitlocker is working, TPM is working and Secure Boot is available):

Hey, thank you for the hard work you are putting into this feature, do you think people with no supported cpus will still be able to boot win11 with this tpm emulation?

5 minutes ago, Ninnetyer said:

Hey, thank you for the hard work you are putting into this feature, do you think people with no supported cpus will still be able to boot win11 with this tpm emulation?

I think so, since if you install the latest build from Windows 11 the installer even doesn't complain anymore about a incompatible CPU (6700k).

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think so, since if you install the latest build from Windows 11 the installer even doesn't complain anymore about a incompatible CPU (6700k).

Thats good news, hopefully microsoft won't mess up compatibility on launch date.

Will keep an eye on this thread, so I can try out the plugin when its ready.

Thank you again.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, NLS said:

Yeap... waiting for any news, as my Win11 VM stopped updating and I have deleted the return to 10 option...

no big deal, with the next unraid update it ll work again (also on the insiders dev channel users here ;))

and also easy and nice to handle with existing VM's, like @ich777 already pointed out, give it a few days ... windows wont stop working now ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1