Windows VM slows when moving files

djglenn

Hi,

So I have Windows 10 installed on a NVMe drive, and passed through a Windows 10 VM as per SpaceInvadorOne's tutorial.

I also have a 2nd NVMe Drive (as my first wasnt big enough), and that I use to install games, and to download any files (also passed through to the VM).

My problem is quite an annoying one, that if I ever download a file, or move a file to the array then the entire VM slows right down and becomes jittery/non responsive. 2 scenarios:

1. Downloading a file from the internet to NVMe Drive 2... causes the VM to slow

2. Moving a file from NVMe 2 to The Array (via Seperate SSD Cache)... causes the VM to slow

I have been living with it for the best part of a year.. but want to optimise the server utilising Cache pools etc, using the bigger NVMe for the Windows VM etc, but want to figure this one out first as I really am clueless to how I could potentially fix it.

Appreciate its a guessing game, but would appreciate any ideas for me to go and see if they can resolve the issue.

Edited by djglenn