Container network sharing, issues with port passthrough

epp

Hello,

I've set up one of my containers network traffic to be routed through the network of another one, basicly what spaceinvaderone describes in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znSu_FuKFW0

Now internally everything works, the "slave" container gets the network connection from the host and everything is operational. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to access the slave containers web UI. I've tried adding the ports to the master (as said in the video above), recreating the containers, using different containers (and images) entirely, but nothing helps.

In the comments of the video linkes above someone seems to recently had the same problem, asking if the new unraid ssl cert might be causing issues with port passthroughs. I have no idea how that could be related but I thought I'd mention it here...

Any ideas? :/

Best regards, epp

Hey Jonathan,

here's the stuff you've asked for:

slave container:

docker run -d --name='binhex-sonarr' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/nzbget/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/tvshows/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sonarr':'/config':'rw' --net=container:nzbgetvpn 'binhex/arch-sonarr'

host container:

docker run -d --name='nzbgetvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'STRONG_CERTS'='no' -e 'VPN_USER'='VPN_USER' -e 'VPN_PASS'='VPN_PASS' -e 'VPN_REMOTE'='nl.privateinternetaccess.com' -e 'VPN_PORT'='1198' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_PROTOCOL'='udp' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='10.18.10.0/24' -p '6789:6789/tcp' -p '8989:8989/tcp' -p '9897:9897/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/nzbget/':'/data':'rw' -v '/etc/localtime':'/etc/localtime':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nzbgetvpn':'/config':'rw' 'jshridha/docker-nzbgetvpn'

an I'm expecting the slave container's UI to be reachable under

10.18.10.2/8989

I don't see any reference to a list of ports to allow through, as seen in Q/A 25

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

However, since you are running a container derived from binhex's original work and not a binhex container, you will need to contact the author of the container to figure out how to accomplish that. The published docs reference an older method, not binhex's current implementation.