[ REQUEST ] outline - getoutline.com - Docker Container

MrMysterius

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After fiddling long I Got Outline Working as well not on Unraid but on another server with dockers, a while back already. The outline configuration takes quite the time, used minio as s3 server and Keycloak for OIDC. Wasn't worth the configuration trouble for me personally. EDIT: Especially since you can only have one team/group at a time on your self-hosted instance (you can't kinda overwrite this, but it messes with outline very badly)

Kinda forgot about this post o.o

Edited by MrMysterius
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, Owerrride said:

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install on Unrain OS, but unfortunately without success. The node js package is installed, the warn is also via nmp. But when I try to create a database, I get this error. Tell me where to dig...

Screenshot_1.png

From what I could find at the moment, you might be missing an Environment Variable for the Database connection, since there is no URL found.
https://github.com/outline/outline/blob/main/server/config/database.json

See if your .env file is correctly setup

7 минут назад, Мистер Мистериус сказал:

Я забыл ответить на это, но я заработал на сервере Debian вскоре после открытия этой темы и забыл кое-что сказать здесь. В программном обеспечении было что-то, что мне не нравилось, поэтому я отказался от него, и теперь я даже не знаю, что я сделал, чтобы заставить его работать.

what note app do you use?

The link I gave hasn't directly to do something with the .env file. You should copy the example file and rename it to .env and fill out at least the required points.

https://github.com/outline/outline/blob/main/.env.sample

And yes, setting up this .env file correctly / fittingly is why created this thread. Because I believe you have to have not only a redis and postgres database, but also something that provides S3 buckets like Minio or AWS. Also, OAuth is the only way of login so setting up a Provider like Google, Slack or just OIDC in general. There is documentation / help in the .env.example, but it will still not be easy. I took me a day of trying and I am pretty tech-savvy...

Edited by MrMysterius