[Request] Auto Docker Port Finder

neruve

Hello all, making a plug-in is outside of my current skill set. BUT I have an idea for a fantastic one if someone wants to whip it up.

On the docker template page. It would be nice if there was another button next to any 'PORT' field that was like 'AUTO' and it would poll all ports that are currently being use and automatically toss one in there that isn't. Maybe start at 5000 and just auto increment to the first one? Or even if you wanted to do random between 1000 and 9999 or something. I don't think the logic would be hard and I think its a feature that would be be welcomed by all. How many times are we gonna have to ctrl+f a port number to see if you can use it when adding a new container.

10 minutes ago, neruve said:

Hello all, making a plug-in is outside of my current skill set. BUT I have an idea for a fantastic one if someone wants to whip it up.

On the docker template page. It would be nice if there was another button next to any 'PORT' field that was like 'AUTO' and it would poll all ports that are currently being use and automatically toss one in there that isn't. Maybe start at 5000 and just auto increment to the first one? Or even if you wanted to do random between 1000 and 9999 or something. I don't think the logic would be hard and I think its a feature that would be be welcomed by all. How many times are we gonna have to ctrl+f a port number to see if you can use it when adding a new container.

Something similar to this -

image.png.8a8772c069b313259c9ca67801573279.png

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

You can also click Show Docker Allocations when installing to show the ports currently in use

That is correct. That's how I currently do it. When you have 20 containers, and are using 50 ports, the easiest way right now is to expand show allocations and then ctrl+f the port you wanna use and see how many times it finds it on the page. It was just something that may be relatively simple. I would try to do it myself but there really isn't any documentation as to how to create plugins for unraid or anything.