Go to solution Solved by Rushtallica,

Both of my servers have a message in the dropdown "My Servers Error - Graphql is offline". In the Servers Dashboard on the forum both servers show as offline. I tried logging out and logging back in but it didn't help. Anyone seen this before?

Edited by Kewjoe
  • Kewjoe changed the title to (Solved) My Servers Error - Graphql is offline
2 hours ago, DataHearth said:

I also had this error today. Restating with 

unraid-api restart

worked like a charm.

But what is the cause of this (except from the apparent Graphql offline) ? Is it because of the plugin update that needs a restart each time or is it a known bug ?

I have not been able to get either of my pro servers online, i get the errors shown in my above post.  really odd

3 hours ago, DataHearth said:

I also had this error today. Restating with 

unraid-api restart

worked like a charm.

But what is the cause of this (except from the apparent Graphql offline) ? Is it because of the plugin update that needs a restart each time or is it a known bug ?

We had an issue yesterday that disconnected a number of people, sorry about that:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/112073-my-servers-releases/?tab=comments#comment-1038908

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Wiseone001 said:

i have same error but when i attempt to run that or the debug command i get this:

Server 1 (Unraid)

image.png.d94600e9946905b7f8d2035239003336.png

Server 2 IBM3650

image.png.60073d32dd247680729c32de36132961.png

image.thumb.png.a8cb9082de327c73b7bd23a57354bc7a.png

not sure whats up but seems like plugin on both machines corrupted overnight? they were both working fine yesterday.

I have seen a Segmentation Fault happen right after an install, but never on a running system. When did you update to the latest version, or did CA Auto Update possibly do it for you prior to the issue?

A Segmentation Fault means the unraid-api binary is corrupted. That may point to hardware RAM issues, but I'm not really sure. Two systems at once is definitely strange.

Uninstalling / reinstalling the plugin will get you back up and running.

18 hours ago, ljm42 said:

I have seen a Segmentation Fault happen right after an install, but never on a running system. When did you update to the latest version, or did CA Auto Update possibly do it for you prior to the issue?

A Segmentation Fault means the unraid-api binary is corrupted. That may point to hardware RAM issues, but I'm not really sure. Two systems at once is definitely strange.

Uninstalling / reinstalling the plugin will get you back up and running.

after several uninstall's and re-install's i have finally gotten them both back on line. rebooting inbetween each one.. and for my servers, that take a bit lol.. but it seems resolved.

one thing i did notice and not sure if it is the difference from 6.9 and 6.10 is the following..: 

this is the 6.10 unraid server ;

image.thumb.png.d1d465cef0d0f9084f1a9313893d5595.png

This is the 6.9 unraid server im noticing the difference of cert subject and ca signed.

image.png.6e1646f4a72ef6e5f53ed971259873e2.png

is this due to the difference in the builds? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm an admittted nooB trying to get started, but I'm familiar with troubleshooting various programs and set up a number of Hackintoshes, etc., and have checked around but haven't found any further answers to this type of problem. I've rebooted the server 3 times and done the terminal command exactly as in this thread (and Invader's related video) about 5 times and still get: "My Servers Error Disconnected from Unraid API." Is there anything else that can be tried? I'm on version 6.9.2; does it need to be 6.10? Is it because I'm on a ryzen setup (5800x) or on the trial versus paid version of Unraid? Thanks for any reply.       

EDIT:  I tried booting up the PC server, itself, and it IS connected to the mothership. I tried it on my old Macbook Pro, and it's working on that, too; I'm only getting that message on my other PC that I'm using the Unraid app on. 

Edited by Rushtallica
  • Solution

Thank you. It was either related to running Power Toys on my W10 setup or Avast; I couldn't access Avast's user screen to make sure my server was allowed; I had to uninstall Power Toys to see the Avast user screen and then added/ allowed the network in Avast, and it's working now. Thanks again. 

Edited by Rushtallica
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently, i've found that the 'My Servers' plugin has become unreliable.  I've used it for a number of months without issue, but i;ve now had three episodes of it going down with the 'Graphql is Offline' error recently a few weeks apart.

I've attached my logs if useful.

Doing the 'unraid-api restart' fixes the issue, but so far it's only been a temporary measure for me. 

I've just totally signed out and signed back in and hope that helps.

If there anything i can do or check to elucidate the cause?

Thanks

darren

homeserver-diagnostics-20211109-1909.zip

• 2 weeks later...

hate to re-open this however the problem still exists..

i have removed the plugin and then re-installed after rebooting after every step. then it finally connects . now this system has been running for a while and back on this error.

image.png.7971fb8ac32a3c21293c746975fa1f49.png

again. do we understand why its happening again?

it really is time consuming to have to reboot everytime it gets updated.

1 hour ago, Wiseone001 said:

hate to re-open this however the problem still exists..

i have removed the plugin and then re-installed after rebooting after every step. then it finally connects . now this system has been running for a while and back on this error.

image.png.7971fb8ac32a3c21293c746975fa1f49.png

again. do we understand why its happening again?

it really is time consuming to have to reboot everytime it gets updated.

From experience this usually points to hardware failure. 

15 hours ago, OmgImAlexis said:

From experience this usually points to hardware failure. 

Normally I would agree , however this server is a dell R610 and has been rock solid on its performance and has no external hardware. the only think that has been done with this box has been the update to the RC.. that being said every time there is an update to the MYSERVERS plugin this occurs, i have to then go through the following steps to correct and i dont know why.

1. log out of unraid

2. reboot

3. remove MYSERVERS plugin

4. reboot

5. re-install MYSERVERS plugin

6. reboot

7 log into unraid

then it appears to connect.  this is very time consuming.. is there any logs that i could provide that may offer up why this is occuring?

Thanks in advance

The logs of the update would help. 

No one else has reported this and seg faults generally only get thrown by node when something happens hardware wise. 🤔

When you say you have go through those steps, does rebooting fix it? Does just reinstalling fix it? Just trying to narrow down what’s going on here. 

• 2 months later...

I also wanted to say i am having the same issue with GraphQL offline. Until some time, just restarting the unraid-api twice on each system reboot was enough. Now, i am getting the sign-in prompt, and regardless of how many times i login, the prompt is the same

I'm having the same problem.  (6.10.0-rc2) It seems to have just started.  My system has been running without issues until I noticed the sign-in/out issue in the last day or two.

I tried turning off my VPN but it didn't seem to have any effect.  I going to Not do anything drastic or make any changes at this point.  Seems like its at the Unraid server side.

3 hours ago, Walter S said:

I'm having the same problem.  (6.10.0-rc2) It seems to have just started.  My system has been running without issues until I noticed the sign-in/out issue in the last day or two.

I tried turning off my VPN but it didn't seem to have any effect.  I going to Not do anything drastic or make any changes at this point.  Seems like its at the Unraid server side.

Same issue on 6.9.2, I dont think its related to the RC2