[SUPPORT] - PlexRipper - The best cross-platform Plex media downloader there is!

Unmax

Application Name: PlexRipper
Application Site: https://github.com/PlexRipper/PlexRipper
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/plexripper/plexripper
Github:  https://github.com/PlexRipper/PlexRipper

The best cross-platform Plex media downloader there is! In active development and feedback is very welcome!

I'm doing an exclusive soft-launch here for my fellow Unraid brothers in the hope to get feedback!

It "works" and I am fixing any issues while working towards a v1.0, after which I will continue adding new features. 

I will update this post with more info as I gather it and PlexRipper should be available shortly in the Community Applications!

New updates: 

[0.8.7] => On PlexRipper Development

[0.8.6]

Please post any questions/issues relating to running PlexRipper on Unraid in this thread.

Anything else, then create a Github Issues for support.

Edited by Unmax
Update
  • Like 1

Good news! I have been able to resolve the issue in v0.8.5 (new version is on Dev and Master)! Please update and it should work now (make sure to hard refresh the page), also check the Readme on the Github page for more info. Tomorrow I will continue working and resolve more things, let me know if anything is not working!

It works now, but download very very slow, if i download from my computer it download more fast.

image.thumb.png.82fd2f3842a3eb4cc76a0e94dcc490a9.png

I think is not problem from my server, i can download more fast with docker jdownloader or others dockers =\

If i check de url from the file and download from my computer it download in 30 seconds.

Downloading the same file from URL path in my computer

image.png.4ddf318d00b52847315202c050fcb03b.png

Jdownloader (docker) downloading in the same foldier:

image.thumb.png.40a7faca570f665145cccffe918cabf0.png

Thanks so much!

Edited by milfer322

Thanks for the feedback! It could be due to the multi threading downloading, can you try to go to Settings -> Advanced -> And change download segments to 1? Then restart a download and maybe that improves the speed. I'm now fixing some things and I'm going to add a download log so hopefully that will show some more info about the slow downloads problem. 

32 minutes ago, Unmax said:

Thanks for the feedback! It could be due to the multi threading downloading, can you try to go to Settings -> Advanced -> And change download segments to 1? Then restart a download and maybe that improves the speed. I'm now fixing some things and I'm going to add a download log so hopefully that will show some more info about the slow downloads problem. 

I modify that, and restart the docker, I check after restart t'hey are in 1,  but the same problem, very slow.
When I tried delete one file from queue i recived error and cant delete.

image.png

Seems the problem is when I click delete in folder not in file.

Edited by milfer322

I've installed plexripper but when i try to login i get the following errors:

[

{

"reasons": [],

"message": "The result from the PlexSignIn was null",

"metadata": {}

},

{

"message": "The plexAccount with dest***** was invalid when sent to the PlexApi",

}

]

any ideas?

Edited by dest0
14 hours ago, dest0 said:

I've installed plexripper but when i try to login i get the following errors:

[

{

"message": "The result from the PlexSignIn was null",

},

{

"message": "The plexAccount with destructtor0 was invalid when sent to the PlexApi",

}

]

any ideas?

Are you sure your credentials are correct? If so, then this is indeed an error with PlexRipper and I hope to investigate it tonight. Will keep you updated!

i've copied and pasted the password from my password manager and it works on plex login.

I do have mfa enabled with Plex, would this cause an issue?

Does the displayname have to match the displayname in plex?

does the username mean the username or email address I use with plex. I've tried both

Edited by dest0

i've copied and pasted the password from my password manager and it works on plex login.

Honestly, I have not tested PlexRipper with that so it could very well be an issue. I will take a look

Does the DisplayName have to match the DisplayName in plex?

No this can be anything you want, it's only used to show which account is which in Plexripper

Does the username mean the username or email address I use with plex. I've tried both

It should work with both, but e-mail definitely works

If you're okay with doing it, you could temporarily remove MFA and see if that resolves it. Or you could make a second Plex account without MFA, get share access on that account and use that to download through PlexRipper. 

3 hours ago, Unmax said:

Honestly, I have not tested PlexRipper with that so it could very well be an issue. I will take a look

Does the DisplayName have to match the DisplayName in plex?

No this can be anything you want, it's only used to show which account is which in Plexripper

Does the username mean the username or email address I use with plex. I've tried both

It should work with both, but e-mail definitely works

If you're okay with doing it, you could temporarily remove MFA and see if that resolves it. Or you could make a second Plex account without MFA, get share access on that account and use that to download through PlexRipper. 

removed MFA and it worked right away.

16 minutes ago, Picha said:

Is there an integration for Sonarr or Radarr ? That would be nice.

For example: Radarr doesnt find a movie at "common source" and looks for it on Plex from Buddy - Vice versa.

So, just PlexRipper as an additional Indexer.

This was/is the idea that made me create PlexRipper in the first place and I'm happy someone else sees that as a cool thing as well! However, a lot needs to still happen to get to this goal, things like searching, separate API for Radarr/Sonarr etc but it is definitely on the Wishlist!

My vision is, you as the user searches something in Radarr/Sonarr, PlexRipper searches through all available servers and returns the result, and based on settings in Radarr/Sonarr, downloads it to a folder and moves it to its destination. All of this works without opening PlexRipper once etc. This would make creating your own media collection so much simpler, no more searching through torrents/Usenet and Plex servers always have the best quality content compared to torrents/usenet as people only keep the good quality media. Also no DMCA requests that remove old or popular content from the public, Plex server owners can back-up their collection to their friends without setting up complex pipelines etc. 

I wish I had a Hyperbolic Timechamber and work on this 24/7 :P

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, pieman16 said:

Looking at the downloaded file. I noticed once the file is downloaded it gives the file a weird name. Not the name of the file that was downloaded. I asked my friend why this file is named weird. He told me it’s not. I showed him he told me that’s not the filename on his side. Is that normal?

Most likely that some parsing of the name went wrong, ideally it should have the same name.

image.thumb.png.3321506f9e84d1b2b081224576f5a32e.png

Try downloading it again, click on the icon I marked here and send me a screenshot of what it says

2 hours ago, pieman16 said:

Friend of mine is showing plex ripper connecting to his sever multiple times on it's own when it is not downloading at all. Image.thumb.jpeg.5f2718b3879eee34bd436e60d29b4c79.jpeg

In my testing PlexRipper went undetected by for example Tautelli or Plex itself. What setup and configuration is your friend using? PlexRipper is connecting however in the background to retrieve metadata and indexing all the media the server has to add to its own database.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:55 PM, dest0 said:

Does the displayname have to match the displayname in plex?

does the username mean the username or email address I use with plex. I've tried both

I have the same MFA issue

9 hours ago, pieman16 said:

Friend of mine is showing plex ripper connecting to his sever multiple times on it's own when it is not downloading at all. Image.thumb.jpeg.5f2718b3879eee34bd436e60d29b4c79.jpeg

I See this too, every day I recive much messages from "New Device" user used a new device  to acces to nameserver: Chrome ( Chrome )"

Edited by milfer322