Questions regarding on Mover Behavior

glennbrown

So pretty new to new Unraid, I understand that with a share set to "Prefer" data will be generally stay on the Cache pool. However I thought that when set to yes it would write to the Cache and when Mover runs it would move the data to the Array. It does not appear to be doing that right now. I did install the CA Mover Tuning Plugin but did not modify anything in it.

So I figured it out there is a option in Mover Tuning that delays moving "yes" shares until a certain percentage is hit. But doesn't seem to be obeying the 5% rule since the cache pools where above 5% used.

root@odin:/var/log# df -h /mnt/cache*
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/nvme0n1p1  466G  117G  349G  26% /mnt/cache1_nvme
/dev/sdb1       466G   45G  420G  10% /mnt/cache2_ssd

I disabled the option and fired off Mover and it is now moving files to the array for the shares that are set too Yes

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 9.15.28 AM.png

On 9/26/2021 at 9:20 AM, glennbrown said:

So I figured it out there is a option in Mover Tuning that delays moving "yes" shares until a certain percentage is hit. But doesn't seem to be obeying the 5% rule since the cache pools where above 5% used.

root@odin:/var/log# df -h /mnt/cache*
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/nvme0n1p1  466G  117G  349G  26% /mnt/cache1_nvme
/dev/sdb1       466G   45G  420G  10% /mnt/cache2_ssd

I disabled the option and fired off Mover and it is now moving files to the array for the shares that are set too Yes

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 9.15.28 AM.png

Please post in here.

A Screen shot of your mover settings, set mover logging to enabled, and the diagnostics zip file mentioned above after mover has run.

This should let me track down any issues.