Way to test WAN speed from Unraid?

Ystebad
Go to solution Solved by postersyndrome,

I'm running my unraid server through a VPN and want to test from inside what the internet speed is as I'm getting some very poor performance from dockers.

I did an App Store search from Speedtest but nothing simple came up for WAN testing, everything seems to be either for Lan testing or requires additional scripting that I don't know how to do.

There has to be a quick way to test internet / WAN performance from within Unraid - any suggestion?

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Speedtest is for WAN, and the app is in Apps

I see one from digiblur which appears to be a self hosted container designed for reverse proxy testing, and one from dmaicias which I installed but appears to have other requirements because it didn't work and it has an exclamation point which says "The script version needs to be set to v0.34 for this plugin to work properly".

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

Speedtest Tracker is 100% WAN (takes a couple of minutes to set itself up after the first run) 

And from Damacias you set the version of the script in it's settings

I guess I'm just too stupid to run an unraid server because after installing this and accepting the Eula when I start the GUI it takes me right to my main unraid server page.  doesn't seem to actually do anything. 

• 3 months later...
  • Solution
On 9/26/2021 at 8:14 PM, Ystebad said:

I guess I'm just too stupid to run an unraid server because after installing this and accepting the Eula when I start the GUI it takes me right to my main unraid server page.  doesn't seem to actually do anything. 

Make sure that you specifiy a port that is not already in use by the server. The default is 80 and I know that my port 80 is already set up on another of my dockers.

• 4 weeks later...