Ironwolf 8TB Rebuilt from parity and new errors. Need advice.

I've posted in the past regarding my issue with the Seagate 8TB ST8000VN0022 drives.  ( https://forums.unraid.net/topic/105350-unraid-os-version-692-available/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-981758 ) and after reviewing this thread ( https://forums.unraid.net/topic/103938-69x-lsi-controllers-ironwolf-disks-disabling-summary-fix/ ) ultimately my fix was just to keep these 2 drives of mine set to never spin down as the errors occurred when the drives spin up from a spun down state.  

Last week I noticed that drive 12 temp wasn't reading out on the dashboard and then disk disabled.  I had tried running SMART tests but it wouldn't allow it.  I then removed that drive and replaced it with another same model ST8000VN0022 (as I had 2 more of these as spares which had been precleared and ready to go) and parity rebuilt drive 12 normally and completed with 0 errors.  Stupidly, I set that drive to spin down at default which is 1 hour, and when it spun up again the read errors started and the disk went into a disabled state.  I have not written anything to any disk since before the rebuild.  I attempted to find the trust my array procedure to reenable the disk and use the parity as it had just rebuilt with zero errors. But I ended up reassigning the disks in the original configuration and when starting the array, it would only allow it with a parity sync.  I left the check box for correct sync errors and was expecting it to run and complete with 0 errors as it had just rebuilt drive 12 with no errors and nothing has been written to any drive. Well, it is 7 hours in and there are 581 sync errors corrected so far. The data on drive 12 is mostly just movies and the few movies I've tested seem to play fine.

What would be the best thing to do at this point?  I still have the original drive 12 which I plugged into my other test server and is reading normally and appears to have no SMART errors.  Should I let it finish rebuilding parity with all these new errors or just replace the original disk 12 back into the array and rebuild the parity again?  Maybe a cable wasn't seated properly?  Looks like I don't have any data loss at this point...  I'd like to keep it that way and get an error free protected array back online ASAP.

Thanks for any help, as I'm still a noob with this, eventhough I've been running unRaid successfully for over 10 years...

syslog.txt

8 hours ago, visionmaster said:

Well, it is 7 hours in and there are 581 sync errors corrected so far.

A few sync errors are normal, just mounting and unmounting a filesystem will cause that, so the parity was in sync with the emulated disk, not the actual disk, you can run a non correcting check to confirm but all should be fine.