(Solved) Not connecting to mothership unless debugging

I updated to v2021.09.15.1853 last night. I noticed when I was out today that I could not access it from the internet. When I got home, it first raised the error that Graphql was offline so I tried using `unraid-api restart` to get it running since I had encountered this issue before. However, it continued to fail to connect to the mothership no matter how long I wait or how many times I tried. I referenced this post and re-installed the plugin twice but that also did not make a difference.

Once all the dry methods had failed, I tried to debug the issue. I ran `unraid-api --debug restart` and lo and behold, connection to the mothership is made and sustained. Right now I'm running that in a tmux session so that it remains online for as long as the server stays online. It also gives me a good log of what's happening just in case something fails.

Edited by arifer
Marking as solved

Actually, it seems that it's starting to fail to connect again. I'm getting a flurry of reconnecting issues in the debug.

libvirt: No changes detected.
☁️ RELAY:Too Many Requests:RECONNECTING:NOW
☁️ RELAY:429:Too Many Requests:RECONNECTING:30_000

Edited by arifer

I got back and saw this in the debug logs for `unraid-api`

ws:closed 1006
closed automatically, restarting
☁️ RELAY:DISCONNECTED
☁️ RELAY:DISCONNECTED
⌨️ INTERNAL:CONNECTED
Error: WebSocket is not open: readyState 0 (CONNECTING)
    at WebSocket2.send (/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/node_modules/graceful-ws/dist/graceful-ws.js:1649:17)
    at GracefulWebSocket.send (/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/node_modules/graceful-ws/dist/graceful-ws.js:2458:39)
    at GracefulWebSocket.<anonymous> (/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/dist/index.js:32254:55)
    at GracefulWebSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at GracefulWebSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)
    at WebSocket2.<anonymous> (/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/node_modules/graceful-ws/dist/graceful-ws.js:2479:12)
    at WebSocket2.onOpen (/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/node_modules/graceful-ws/dist/graceful-ws.js:1109:20)
    at WebSocket2.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at WebSocket2.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)
    at WebSocket2.setSocket (/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/node_modules/graceful-ws/dist/graceful-ws.js:1566:14)

Not sure if this helps but I hope it shed some light into why the connection keeps failing to sustain.

Thank you for the hard work. The connection is finally going through and I'm seeing myself online and accessible through the internet now. Actually, it seems as if the my-servers page retrieves the connection information a lot faster than it used to! This is great! I'll mark this thread as closed.

• Like 1
  • arifer changed the title to (Solved) Not connecting to mothership unless debugging