[Support] Minecraft-Server

TQ

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, tflint said:

Could you replicate this process for the itzg/rcon and itzg/mc_backups so that they work with this implementation?

I am still using a compose file on my unraid server to maintain all of my itzg/mc games.

Certainly will give it a whirl.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having a small problem with this container.  I am trying to run a paper server, with the essentials plug-in.

it seems to be ok with starting the paper server, but when I try to add the SPIGET_RESOURCES variable set to 9089 ( for the essentialsX mod ), it gives me this error in the logs when starting up 

init] Downloading resource 9089 ...
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.

* fixed it by manually downloading the file, and putting it in the plugins folder.  I don't think the SPIGET_RESOURCES command works

Edited by Ben deBoer
fixed issue, how it was fixed
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having an issue when trying to install a curseforge modpack. Specifically trying to use better minecraft but have tested with others and am getting the same error.

The server is successfully creating the FeedTheBeast folder with the mod inside it after launch, but then I get the following error:

[init] Running as uid=1000 gid=1000 with /data as 'drwxrwxr-x+ 1 1000 1000 108 Jul  6 16:28 /data'
[init] Resolved version given 1.18.2 into 1.18.2 and major version 1.18
[init] Resolving type given curseforge
[init] Looking for Feed-The-Beast / CurseForge server modpack.
[init] Unpacking FTB server modpack /data/Better+Minecraft+Server+Pack+[FORGE]+v12.5.zip ...
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
[init] ERROR: Modpack missing start script and unable to find Forge jar to generate one

There is a start script inside the folder, not sure what is going wrong. Anyone know a fix or what the issue is?

For clarity, I am placing the .zip of the mod inside the data file before launch and using the -e CF_SERVER_MOD=Better+Minecraft+Server+Pack+[FORGE]+v12.5.zip paramater.

Edited by Ignitis
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Two things (first should be easy!)

1) I change the Container Variable SEED to some number, but upon restart, the server is using exactly the same (empty) seed!

2) Is there an easy way to change some of the default settings in the server.properties file (like: online-mode=true) that are not exposed to the Unraid container update page?

On 7/15/2023 at 10:54 PM, DockerBubba said:

Two things (first should be easy!)

1) I change the Container Variable SEED to some number, but upon restart, the server is using exactly the same (empty) seed!

2) Is there an easy way to change some of the default settings in the server.properties file (like: online-mode=true) that are not exposed to the Unraid container update page?

You will need to delete the world after changing the seed to make the word regenerate.

And yes, you can create variables to edit configs of server.properties from the Docker config, per example, if you want to edit the online mode create a variable with ONLINE_MODE, and the options can be TRUE or FALSE (check the photo). If you want to know all the things you can edit from the Docker config check this.

image.png

Edited by elBelgg
Gramatical correction
  • 3 months later...

i would like to run fabric 0.14.22 but it wont let me specify the fabric version. thanks for the help. I tried the documentation but still no hope.

never mind i figured it out. i just clicked on add another Variable put in FABRIC_LOADER_VERSION in name and key. in value i put in the fabric version i wanted, same for default value. problem solved. hope this helps the next person.

Edited by rcham81
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

i'm trying to run this docker on a DMZ lan, i've other services on this DMZ and all work fine, but not this docker.

If i run it on my LAN, it works fine, but when i select the DMZ as network, it don't start, giving me this problem:

Caused by: io.netty.resolver.dns.DnsNameResolverTimeoutException: [47176: /127.0.0.11:53] DefaultDnsQuestion(launchermeta.mojang.com. IN A) query '47176' via UDP timed out after 5000 milliseconds (no stack trace available)

I can resolve the problem adding a rule to my DMZ lan, on pfsense, before the one that block DMZ to talk to LAN, giving the permission to talk only on port 53(DNS). 

Any clue?

I don't want a hole in my DMZ, and the DMZ have 100% access to the WAN with all protocol. Seems a problem of the docker, considering everything else i have, work fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...