New VM: Graphics Card Error?! *Bangs Head Against Desk*

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Did you fix this

2021-12-12 23:39:55.344+0000: 13274: error : qemuProcessReportLogError:2097 : internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2021-12-12T23:39:55.300339Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:03:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.4,addr=0x0,romfile=/mnt/disk3/isos/Windows/Saphire.RX5708GB.8192.191031.rom: vfio 0000:03:00.0: group 1 is not viable
Please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver.

By isolating (Tools - system devices) what you're attempting to passthrough from the OS?

Which ones should I enable?

IOMMU group 1?

unraid.png

20 minutes ago, Squid said:

It was mentioned earlier in this thread.  If you're attempting to passthrough the AMD card, you've got to isolate it.  Those current devices in group 1 aren't conducive to passthrough, so you'd have to use one of the ACS override settings.

The stuff before just forced the server to boot in BIOS and it wasn't clear why. I had to format the flash drive to get it to boot...

So, what did I miss? Do I just tick the box by the graphics card text? I don't understand :(

Edited by Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Yes, but the devices still have to be isolated via one of the ACS override options in Settings - VM Settings

I have done as instructed and I selected both and restarted.

Now I see - attached screenshot:

And the 'Execution Error' is:

operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd

Thank you for your help!

unraid 2.png

So, the VM has started, but I have no picture on my monitor?

VM Log:

[quote]

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

-smp 6,sockets=1,dies=1,cores=3,threads=2 \
-uuid df5c1f38-a6f0-9667-757e-0c4b4cc9c912 \
-display none \
-no-user-config \
-nodefaults \
-chardev socket,id=charmonitor,fd=31,server,nowait \
-mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control \
-rtc base=localtime \
-no-hpet \
-no-shutdown \
-boot strict=on \
-device ich9-usb-ehci1,id=usb,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7.0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci1,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=0,bus=pci.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci2,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7.0x1 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci3,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=4,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7.0x2 \
-device ahci,id=sata0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 \
-device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/Windows 10/vdisk1.img","node-name":"libvirt-3-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-3-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-3-storage"}' \
-device virtio-blk-pci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5,drive=libvirt-3-format,id=virtio-disk2,bootindex=1,write-cache=on \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/isos/Windows/Window11_Insiders.iso","node-name":"libvirt-2-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-2-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-2-storage"}' \
-device ide-cd,bus=sata0.0,drive=libvirt-2-format,id=sata0-0-0,bootindex=2 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/isos/virtio-win-0.1.190-1.iso","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":true,"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' \
-device ide-cd,bus=ide.0,unit=1,drive=libvirt-1-format,id=ide0-0-1 \
-netdev tap,fd=33,id=hostnet0 \
-device virtio-net,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:9c:03:84,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2 \
-chardev pty,id=charserial0 \
-device isa-serial,chardev=charserial0,id=serial0 \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=34,server,nowait \
-device virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0 \
-device usb-tablet,id=input0,bus=usb.0,port=1 \
-device vfio-pci,host=0000:03:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x6 \
-device vfio-pci,host=0000:03:00.1,id=hostdev1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6.0x1 \
-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
2021-12-16 17:56:27.456+0000: Domain id=6 is tainted: high-privileges
2021-12-16 17:56:27.456+0000: Domain id=6 is tainted: host-cpu
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)

[/quote]

So close, but, not close enough!!

Anymore suggestions/ideas?

Thanks for your help, @ghost82 and @Squid

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Update, rebooted the server today and the loaded on screen.

I could be off base, I'm far from expert on VM passthrough, but that screen sure looks like something is incorrectly writing to the video RAM addresses. Are you using a video BIOS file currently? If so, was it dumped from that exact physical card?