[Solved] (sort of) Help Plex Docker

Plex stopped working, couldn't see any of my content for some reason. Did the usual and restarted the docker, no go, deleted the docker and reinstalled, no go. I even rebooted the server, but nothing. So I tried to restore from backup, nope. Last thing I tried was deleting the appdata for plex and reinstalling it and now I can't even bring up the GUI for plex. I had to give myself ownership and permission to delete the appdata, but there were still some folders that wouldn't delete. I am seriously out of ideas. Help please. 

This is what I get when trying access GUI:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<MediaContainer size="0" content="plugins"> </MediaContainer>

Edited by azmaril

I noticed from diagnostics you posted last week on another thread that you had filled cache at some point. And why are you still running an rc of 6.9 when stable 6.9.2 has been available for many months?

Perhaps you have larger problems than just this plex. Which plex is it anyway?

Attach new diagnostics to your NEXT post in this thread. Also post your docker run for plex as explained here:

Haven't looked at diagnostics yet.

Since you are using plexinc plex, there is no support thread on our forum for the plex docker you are using. You would have to go to the plex forums for support of their plex docker. There are other plex dockers that do have support threads on our forum. I use linuxserver.io plex.

As you can see from the docker run, what you intend to be a mapping for your trancodes is actually mapping /temp on the host to /temp in the container.

/temp on the host would be a path in rootfs, which is in RAM. Are you intending to transcode to RAM?

/temp in the container is the path you would configure within plex for your transcodes. Is that what you have?

Might be simpler until you got things working if you just used default transcoding which would be a subfolder of appdata.

Do you understand docker volume mapping?

These latest diagnostics (and your screenshot) show you had just downloaded an upgrade for Unraid, but since you haven't rebooted yet that upgrade isn't loaded and running yet.

The diagnostics don't really indicate docker.img corruption, but I wonder if it isn't corrupt since you had filled cache earlier. You might try recreating it

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#How_do_I_recreate_docker.img.3F

and reinstalling your dockers.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#Restoring_your_Docker_Applications

Have rebooted now and moved trancode to a subfolder of appdata. The previous docker was corrupt and I did a clean install after deleting the appdata of the old one. Still can't access the GUI though. Maybe I'll try linuxserver.io plex, with any luck I will be able to access the GUI then. Nope don't know what you mean by docker volume mapping.

Have rebooted now and moved trancode to a subfolder of appdata. The previous docker was corrupt and I did a clean install after deleting the appdata of the old one. Still can't access the GUI though. Maybe I'll try linuxserver.io plex, with any luck I will be able to access the GUI then. Nope don't know what you mean by docker volume mapping.
You map local folders to use in plex so for example you would map your movies folder in plex in order for plex to see it

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

Swapping to the linuxserver.io plex and the GUI came straight up, can I copy some files from the old docker to update the collections and watched files and such. Had to manually input some release dates and content ratings that didn't auto fill as well. Thanks to trurl for taking the time to help.

• azmaril changed the title to [Solved] (sort of) Help Plex Docker
Swapping to the linuxserver.io plex and the GUI came straight up, can I copy some files from the old docker to update the collections and watched files and such. Had to manually input some release dates and content ratings that didn't auto fill as well. Thanks to trurl for taking the time to help.
You should be able to use the old stuff if you set the container name to use the old one. It won't use the default folder name then.

I think you didn't claim the server before and it could be the reason why it didn't work.

After deleting the plex database you need to use a new claim code