Flash Backup: Activated: Not up-to-date (My Servers - Flash backup unavailable)

Hello,

I watched Spaceinvader One video: "The My Servers Plugin - 4 Great Features 1 Great Plugin !" and followed the steps. However, I have the following issue: under the Settings/ManagementAccess tab it shows Flash Backup: Activated: Not up-to-date. See Screenshot:

954373684_Notup-to-date.thumb.jpg.0019e9b12920609fbc9245b18db806dc.jpg

When I click Update: I get the spinning icon saying "loading" Then nothing happens. It just shows the above.

When I go to My Servers Page. It says: "Flash backup unavailable" See Screenshot:

MyServers-FlashBackupUnavailable.jpg.582feb95851fa39a4c7d04092767f0d7.jpg

How do I fix this?

Thank you for the help!

3 hours ago, ljm42 said:

There is likely a network issue blocking the backup.

Please open a webterminal and type:
  ping backup.unraid.net
It should resolve to 54.70.72.154. If it does not, then go to Settings -> Network Settings and set your DNS server to 8.8.8.8

When I ping backup.unraid.net, it does resolve 54.70.72.154. However, the pings are 100% loss. Not sure if unraid's server just doesn't respond to ping requests. When I checked today when I got home from work. It had successfully uploaded. I didn't make any changes to my firewall since trying yesterday. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday and all of a sudden it worked today. Thanks for your suggestion!

MyServer.jpg.904ea25f4b5d9fb9fc84daf35bbb0de2.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:28 PM, etegration said:

im having the same issue and ping is having the same results from both my unraid boxes. any ideas please?

The ping test was to see whether the system is having DNS issues. Does it resolve to the correct IP for you? 

Please update to version 2022.04.26.1740 of the My Servers plugin and follow the instructions here for setting up Flash Backup:

https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Automated_Flash_Backup

If you continue to have issues please show a screen shot and provide any other details you can think of.

Such as, do you have a pi-hole or other firewall or custom DNS server? If so, please add these domains to your allow lists:

*.unraid.net, *.myunraid.net, *.lime-technology.com

• 3 months later...

I have tried the same thing. Ping = Failed. Tried DNS change via router to 8.8.8.8 = Failed. Then I tried it via the network setting in Unraid. = Failed. What's weird is that my main server is working fine. Any help would be great. (Please note. The server in question is more of a testing rig so that I can learn Unraid more and expand on it. But I want to make sure that if I switch it to being used for other things that the backup works.)

• Upvote 1
On 8/18/2022 at 8:05 AM, rlentz2022 said:

I have tried the same thing. Ping = Failed.

The ping itself is meant to fail, the reason we are doing this test is to confirm that 'backup.unraid.net' resolves to a valid IP. If you have set your DNS esrvers to 8.8.8.8 then it should. Note: this is an old thread, so the IP mentioned here is not the only valid one. Please post the output of the ping command so I can review it.

As you might have seen from other threads, we have been working through some issues. We made some good progress yesterday, if you are still having issues please post details (including screenshots) of the exact error you are seeing. Also include your diagnostics.zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Here is the info you requested. I just had to redo the server cause I was trying to learn how to set up a VPN and I messed it so bad that I had to start from scratch. That's the only reason I have provision a cert yet.. 

Pinging backup.unraid.net [34.223.119.253] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 34.223.119.253:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

image.thumb.png.08ec6b7d1402f7d6e39bd53877a7fb78.png

testingrig2022-diagnostics-20220820-0039.zip

Edited by rlentz2022
10 hours ago, ljm42 said:

The ping itself is meant to fail, the reason we are doing this test is to confirm that 'backup.unraid.net' resolves to a valid IP. If you have set your DNS esrvers to 8.8.8.8 then it should. Note: this is an old thread, so the IP mentioned here is not the only valid one. Please post the output of the ping command so I can review it.

As you might have seen from other threads, we have been working through some issues. We made some good progress yesterday, if you are still having issues please post details (including screenshots) of the exact error you are seeing. Also include your diagnostics.zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Can you post the updated thread. This was the only one I found in regards to the matter. (Also I was getting frustrated with some other things that was not working at the moment too.)