[Plugin] Docker Compose Manager

7 minutes ago, primeval_god said:

What do the content of the project directory look like?

As for your original error about the invalid compose file, that would be due to a service within the compose file that was missing an image name. Could be a mistake in the compose file or a problem with the override file the plugin generates to add unRAID compatibility labels. Just before you got that error had you edited any compose file outside of the GUI? Or had you renamed any service within a compose file?

• autostart
  • docker-compose.override.yml - which has the services and their labels and basically blank for each entry under it.
  • docker-compose.yml which has all the same servcices
  • name

All services have an image associated with it. The docker-compose up command works with the same docker-compose.yml file.

1 hour ago, sportsziggy said:
  • autostart
  • docker-compose.override.yml - which has the services and their labels and basically blank for each entry under it.
  • docker-compose.yml which has all the same servcices
  • name

All services have an image associated with it. The docker-compose up command works with the same docker-compose.yml file.

With the stack down try renaming the project directory.

You could also try removing docker-compose.override.yml, just be sure that you save your labels so you can add them back later through the GUI.

Edited by primeval_god
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently updated the plugin and noticed it breaked my ansible workflow. I am using compose.yml.

Then found in the release note:

Change usage for compose.yml to the standard docker-compose.yml

I just want to point out that according to the compose spec, the correct naming is now:

The default path for a Compose file is compose.yaml (preferred) or compose.yml in working directory. Compose implementations SHOULD also support docker-compose.yaml and docker-compose.yml for backward compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 3:30 AM, primeval_god said:

Where project name is a sanitized version of the stack name assigned in the webui.

Right.. so I might be able to control it via the terminal if I match this name somehow?

The specific stack I'm using (mailcow) has a special update script which does a little more than just pull/restart the containers, so I guess that means this plugin isn't going to work that well in my usecase...

Oh well, at least it gets compose installed in a nice and easy way.

5 hours ago, shadowbert said:

Right.. so I might be able to control it via the terminal if I match this name somehow?

The specific stack I'm using (mailcow) has a special update script which does a little more than just pull/restart the containers, so I guess that means this plugin isn't going to work that well in my usecase...

Oh well, at least it gets compose installed in a nice and easy way.

Use docker compose ls to list all running stacks. The NAME column has the "project" name that was used to create the stack.

Edited by primeval_god
  • 3 weeks later...

Im attempting to use this for the first time to build out this: Spodcast Github but im struggling with getting it figured out. I assume i need to add mount points somehow in the compose file so it wont just fill my docker image up but i cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Following an example i found in this thread yields a: 

volumes.spodcast_data must be a mapping or null

If i add a /data directly after the spodcast_data: like throughout the rest of the compose file i get a:

yaml: line 38: mapping values are not allowed in this context

Attached is what i currently have for my compose file, can someone point me in the right direction on this? Thanks!

spodcast.txt

On 9/29/2022 at 9:30 AM, benfishbus said:

Problem: Pop-up dialogs created by compose.manager don't use unraid webui theme, leading to unreadable text.

I use Black color theme. When I go to Edit Stack, the menu displays:

image.png.3ca8d64e270b47ce1eae2eb9c0d99bfc.png

Not unusable, but then when I go to UI Labels, it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.2f160e060e8f7d072615c5beb9e9551b.png

I am unable to reproduce this issue locally. It is true that the popups are not themed, but they look fine to me when running the black theme. What version of unRAID are you using?

Edited by primeval_god
12 hours ago, primeval_god said:

I am unable to reproduce this issue locally. It is true that the popups are not themed, but they look fine to me when running the black theme. What version of unRAID are you using?

6.11.0 release.

Tried resetting Firefox theme in case it might be interfering - no change. Behaves the same for me in Edge.

Just tried changing Unraid themes - "Gray" renders the same popup this way:

image.png.0241e0b461c44ca1445d92309292f610.png

Solves legibility for me. Unfortunately I also hate the layout of that theme, so would still love to figure this out. (If only Unraid made color scheme and layout separate options...)

In experimenting with the different Unraid themes, I thought this seemed strange with the "White" theme:

image.png.add9a4a03ab12f97e0ed9df7cd8c4c16.png

Guessing that Unraid's theming function is not as robust as it could be.

50 minutes ago, benfishbus said:

6.11.0 release.

Maybe its something that changed in the latest release. All 4 themes seem to render properly on 6.9.3. I will have to look at what has changed in other plugins.

In experimenting with the different Unraid themes, I thought this seemed strange with the "White" theme:

It may look strange but thats what its meant to look like.

Guessing that Unraid's theming function is not as robust as it could be.

Thats not it at all. I have 0 web design experience, the interface you see here is cobbled together from bits of other plugins. 

10 hours ago, SCSI said:

I just started using docker compose and took me a bit to figure out how to update the containers added with compose. Any updates on adding a docker-compose pull feature? 

The webui button "Update Stack" is what you are looking for.

Edited by primeval_god

I have a docker compose container configured with Compose Manger to run on a custom docker net with its own IP address, separate from that of my Unraid host. I have the web UI set to the correct IP/port etc, but it appears the Compose Manager prepends the Unraid Host IP to whatever is entered into this field. 

For example, here is my stack UI Label config: unknown1.png.335c9670f88029de1f68f34e9c261b01.png

And here is the resulting URL I'm taken too when I click on the WebUI in the GUI: unknown.png.25b6426648cf6c28e2eb772a6d6c14e8.png

Is there any way to get around this?

EDIT: Looks like I just need to add http:// before the IP. Duh

Edited by swallace
On 10/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, primeval_god said:

The webui button "Update Stack" is what you are looking for.

The "Update Stack" does not update the application for me for some reason. I had to manually run "docker-compose pull && docker-compose up -d" to update the application.

Edited by SCSI