What steps do I need to take to remove my SSD cache drive because I need to repurpose it?

I'm running unRAID on an Intel NUC with:

• 128 GB M.2 SSD

• 2 TB SATA HDD

I am moving my unRAID server to another computer and moving the 2 TB SATA HDD with it. The 128 GB SSD needs to stay in the Intel NUC.

The mover has ran and there isn't anything on the 128 GB SSD. 

I don't know what steps I need to take to do this properly? My initial thought was to change all my share configurations to not use cache. Is that all?

Go to Settings - Docker and disable docker. Same for Settings - VM Manager. You don't want to have those enabled on the other computer until you have cache setup on it or those files will be created on the array instead and it will take a little work to get them on cache where they belong.

I wouldn't change any of your shares cache setting, just let them use cache as they do now, if cache doesn't exist then they will still work unless the share is cache-only. Get cache installed as soon as possible. Nothing needs to be done except assigning cache when you get Unraid running on the other machine.

• 2 weeks later...