Files disappearing

Morning all

Bit of a weird one. I'm just in the process of migrating all my data from unRAID to TrueNAS (keeping unRAID as my backup server), and i'm copying all my files over the network.  I have various movie folders i.e '4K Movies' with all the movie folders within containing the movie file.  I noticed that around 40 of the 600+ movie folders i have are completely empty, for what seems like no apparent reason.  I would not have deleted the files in these folders, and i'm baffled how this could have happened.  I've checked log files etc and nothing is showing with regards to any of the movie file names (so i don't think the log files would help)

I've checked all disks and shares are active (so no folders are being excluded from the network folder search), and consequently checked the contents of each folder a disk at a time using FileZilla, and of the movie folders in question are indeed empty (seemingly randomly)

I also checked the recycle bin, and nothing is there.

Sorry i'm probably not providing any more info, but just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?  

I would consider myself as a fairly "advanced" unRAID user and its generally been pretty solid

thanks

Edited by sdamaged

Hey Chatnoir, thanks for the reply

As far as i'm aware(!) i've not had any file system corruption (but this worry is why i'm switching my data to TrueNAS).  I'll check the lost and found directory, thats a good idea

I only copy into shares which encompass all the disks.  I did search every drive one by one looking for the movies and they are indeed gone

Very odd and a bit worrying.  I'll check my main blu ray folder later which i'm dreading as i've over 2000 movies in it (hopefully!)