[SOLVED] HTPC VM stopped outputting video, logs say device busy?

Hello friends! I've had a VM with a dedicated GPU passed through to it for use as an HTPC on my TV for 4-5 months now, and it has been working great. A couple weeks ago, I updated my array to be encrypted, and ever since then the VM hasn't been outputting video. This line is just repeated as a warning (in yellow) in the logs nonstop:

2021-10-07T22:41:27.349751Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio_region_write(0000:08:00.0:region1+0x106c28, 0x0,1) failed: Device or resource busy

And the "Fix Common Problems" plugin notifies me that the var/log folder is 100% used as well. Device 8:00.0 is my the GPU I'm passing through, do you know what could be causing this? I'm not completely sure it was because of encrypting my array, I hadn't tried to use the VM for a couple weeks before I did the encryption. Also, the VM is completely off the array, only using an unassigned device SSD that is also passed through. Here are the relevant specs:

• Ryzen 3600
  • Asus B550M-Plus
  • 2x8GB RAM
  • Sabrent Rocket 256 GB Nvme SSD
  • EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra

Thank you for your help! I have attached my diagnostics below, let me know if I can provide more info.

tommy-diagnostics-20211007-1656.zip

Edited by ThePockets
Marking topic as solved

Thank you for your help! So I followed what you said, and adding "video=efifb:off" didn't seem to change anything with the results or the iomem itself. Here's a copy of what iomem has, it still says "efifb" in for that address range in device 8:00.0. This is after adding the change in syslinux and rebooting:

image.png.6a51b1429e5e25f35cfbdf57294b01a2.png

Edited by ThePockets
Adding info
  • ThePockets changed the title to [SOLVED] HTPC VM stopped outputting video, logs say device busy?