Array has 1 disk with read errors

8 minutes ago, strykn said:

So i spent a few hours pulling the data from the created "Lost & Found" directory, and now would like to know how to remove.

It is not part of a share, and unclear to me how to access and remove this data?

any suggestions?

Repair creates a top level folder named "lost+found" on the repaired disk. Since all top level folders are automatically user shares, you should have a user share named "lost+found". And your most recent diagnostics shows that user share. After its files are deleted the user share can be deleted from the page for that share.

• Like 1

Hopefully this is the last question for a LONG time.

But after major surgery, this novice has been over his head (i.e. removing failing HDD, replacing parity and several hours of pre-clears/parity checks/file validation)

My server had run parity checks in the last week or so after setting up the above changes and shown valid.

But the monthly check just ran with 2 errors

Plz advise. I have "write corrections" checked.

Message says "parity is valid"

I think my main concern is the 'health' of the remaining disks. All relative new yet, and under warranty. So plz let me know if anything concerning is evident in diagnostics, or if further checks are recommended.

titan-diagnostics-20211104-0636.zip

18 hours ago, strykn said:

But the monthly check just ran with 2 errors

Plz advise. I have "write corrections" checked.

This will have corrected 2 sector thought to be in error.   The next check should then return 0 errors.

It is recommended that the regular scheduled checks are set to be non-correcting so that you do not get a disk that is playing up corrupting parity.   

You normally only want correcting checks to be run manually after you have resolved any disk issues you think that you may have, or if you have reason to suspect parity may not be completely valid such as after an unclean shutdown.

• Like 1