LaCie MosKeyto Mini USB drive ''experience'' (SOLVED)

Rembro

I am looking for a small (lexar firefly/jumpdrive alike) usb drive here in Belgium to put Unraid on.

The lexar's aren't available over here,,, in my search for others,, (Sandisk Micro - Sony Microvault Tiny , EOL etc)

i found the LaCie MosKeyto, really really small,,, does anyone has experience with this type of flash-drive running Unraid?

http://www.lacie.com/be/products/product.htm?id=10425

If nobody has tested that particular model then you will have to.  Follow the directions for putting unRAID on the flash drive.  Boot from it and in the unRAID web page you can see what the flash GUID is.  Copy and post that here so we can help decide if it looks right.  

You may have to buy two and see if the serial number is different for each one.

If nobody has tested that particular model then you will have to.  Follow the directions for putting unRAID on the flash drive.  Boot from it and in the unRAID web page you can see what the flash GUID is.  Copy and post that here so we can help decide if it looks right.  

On the front page of limetech i now read the ''known to not work usb sticks'' section ,, and the Lacie is one of them, shame on me!

i have a couple of white-label branded usb-sticks laying around and started testing,,

windows 7 x64 ,, followed the instuctions from the wiki and

* format as FAT with label UNRAID

* run make_bootable.bat as adminstrator

and still keep getting the error ''volume label must be UNRAID , press any key to continue??? with all 3 usb sticks? what do i do wrong?

On the front page of limetech i now read the ''known to not work usb sticks'' section ,, and the Lacie is one of them, shame on me!

i have a couple of white-label branded usb-sticks laying around and started testing,,

windows 7 x64 ,, followed the instuctions from the wiki and

* format as FAT with label UNRAID

* run make_bootable.bat as adminstrator

and still keep getting the error ''volume label must be UNRAID , press any key to continue??? with all 3 usb sticks? what do i do wrong?

Do they have U3 software installed? It must be removed.

What I did wrong was I tried to run make_bootable.bat from the hard drive where I had unzipped the unRAID files, i.e, c:\unRAID>make_bootable.bat f: with the flash drive as f:. What I had to do was change to the f: drive first and then run make_bootable.bat from the f: drive.

Ken

I have read about that, there was no U3 software on them.

But after a couple of hours of reading the forum post's and Wiki i decided '' let's try something else''

What did i do?

* Procedure from wiki and on frontpage , but started the make_bootable.bat direct from usb-stick on a Windows XP SP3 desktop and everything worked just fine.

got Unraid up and running with UnMenu on a little Dell Optiplex just for the look and feel and get to know the software. Took a little bit longer because i'am working with a BELGIUM AZERTY keyboard. (for my actual Unraid system i do not have all the parts yet)

I think i got meself a unique flash GUID? do i?

Flash Vendor:  (empty, so unknown)

Flash Product: USB_DISK

Flash GUID: 1234-0FFF-90AA-12009FFF037C

Registered to: Unregistered (1)

syslog-2011-04-03.txt