Dell R620/MD1200 Power/UPS setup recommendations

kiwiglen

Hi

I have a Dell R620 with a MD1200 drive enclosure and I've got some questions around the best setup for suppling power and UPS setup.

Both devices have dual PSU's and I have a CyberPower Value800EI UPS.  What would people recommend as far as setting this up?  It doesn't seem like a good idea to plug both PSU's in the same UPS.  Should I plug one PSU into the UPS and one directly into mains?  Is this UPS powerful enough?  Its currently drawing ~230w with a rating of 480w.

Also what should I get in the idrac power configuration?  There is a setting that has Redundancy Policy, the options are Not Redundant and Input Power Redundant.

Any advice would be most appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, kiwiglen said:

It doesn't seem like a good idea to plug both PSU's in the same UPS. 

Sure.

2 minutes ago, kiwiglen said:

Should I plug one PSU into the UPS and one directly into mains?

Yes, but not meaningful.

3 minutes ago, kiwiglen said:

Is this UPS powerful enough?  Its currently drawing ~230w with a rating of 480w.

So still within spec., btw CyberPower Value800EI battery capacity only can provide ~7min protection in half load.

image.png.c4d5c2994d1414a947aea5196dacf21e.png

For me, I won't use dual PSU due to electricity saving and I will got a bigger battery capacity UPS ( or longrun type UPS ).