[Resolved - won't work] APC BH500NET with unraid?

tr0910

I don't see any mention of this unit:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842101092CVF

I am running a small 4 green disk server with Asus m4a 785m mb, and need to get it protected.  This unit has the ability to be controlled via the web, to turn power to certain ports on and off.  What I am not sure is if it includes the special USB - RJ45 cable and how well it with work with unraid.  Size will be marginal but likely OK.  I only need to run this unraid box until it safely shuts down.

A search here turns up nothing....

So nobody has used it??

I have no plans of being a pioneer.  I'll go with the one of the tried and true ones. 

Here in Canada, we pay way more for the same unit, and this one was at least comparable with the US price, and had additional capability to manage over the internet.  OH well.....

You can see what comes in the box at the APC website, here

Includes: Cat6 Ethernet Cable, Cord management straps, Documentation CD, Installation guide, User Manual

Further, if you read the manual here, you can see that the management of the UPS is via a IP connection.  I do not believe that the UnRaid APC package includes IP support, although someone who knows that package better than me may be able to answer that question definitively.

You can see what comes in the box at the APC website, here

Includes: Cat6 Ethernet Cable, Cord management straps, Documentation CD, Installation guide, User Manual

Further, if you read the manual here, you can see that the management of the UPS is via a IP connection.  I do not believe that the UnRaid APC package includes IP support, although someone who knows that package better than me may be able to answer that question definitively.

I looked at the manual at that link.  It showed no indication of any capability to communicate its status other than the http web-interface on its port 80.  It is not a match for any monitoring software I know of on unRAID.  (I'm sure you could write one polling it for status, but there are better UPS out there for use with unRAID)