Upgrading My Unraid Server Questions.

So i currently am running Unraid on a Dell R620 (2x E5-2670 Xeon, 96GB RAM) and now that I have had my server up for a few years i'm am running into storage issues. The Big problem is that the R620 only takes 8 2.5in Drives. Buying a system that takes 2.5in drives was a mistake. It is expensive as all hell to buy storage. Regardless i only have 1 slot left and drives over 1tb are not financially viable in 2.5 form factor. So i need a new solution. 

I would like to build an JBOD Drive enclosure. Currently all my drives are running on a flashed Dell Perc H710. I own a Dell Perc H810 that is currently not installed in the Server.
I'm not really looking for step by step instructions or anything too detailed. I'm more looking to be pointed in the right directions. Is it possible for me to add drives to my existing array that are physically external to my R620, say in a JBOD enclosure while still experiencing the same r/w speeds as the internal drives? Can this be done with my Dell perc h810 or do i need some other hardware? How do i get unraid to recognize these drives as connected to the server so i can add them to the array?

Any advice or links to resources or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by TheSquigglyline

You might want to have a look at replacing the case.  That way, you may be able to reuse the hardware in your present server.  There is a whole section of the Forum devoted to Hardware and cases are a big item there.  Look here:

https://forums.unraid.net/forum/9-hardware/

You would probably be looking at rackmount cases as vertical tower cases with high drive slot counts are a disappearing item. 

Dell does have a reputation for using non-standard size components and I am not sure what you may find with regard to that motherboard and power supply.  Best to measure and see if they are standard size.