Plex .9.2.5 scanning of new media and Unraid

btlupin

The new plex .9.2.5 uses a folders modification date to determine if new content has been added triggering a scan. I wonder if any other plex users have experienced this problem since unraid does not always update a directories modification date. For example I have the following folder structure:

TV Show

--- TV Show Season 1

------- Episode 01.mkv

------- Episode 02.mkv

--- TV Show Season 2

------- Episode 01.mkv

------- Episode 02.mkv

Unraid does not update the modification date of the folders TV Show Season 1 or 2 when new episodes are added. This means that Plex doesn't scan for new media in these folders.

The new plex .9.2.5 uses a folders modification date to determine if new content has been added triggering a scan. I wonder if any other plex users have experienced this problem since unraid does not always update a directories modification date. For example I have the following folder structure:

TV Show

--- TV Show Season 1

------- Episode 01.mkv

------- Episode 02.mkv

--- TV Show Season 2

------- Episode 01.mkv

------- Episode 02.mkv

Unraid does not update the modification date of the folders TV Show Season 1 or 2 when new episodes are added. This means that Plex doesn't scan for new media in these folders.

Please report this as a possible bug to lime-tech.  He should be able to fix it in the user-shares.

Send a email or PM and provide a pointer to this thread/post.

Joe L.

TV Show

--- TV Show Season 1

------- Episode 01.mkv

------- Episode 02.mkv

--- TV Show Season 2

------- Episode 01.mkv

------- Episode 02.mkv

Please report this as a possible bug to lime-tech.  He should be able to fix it in the user-shares.

Send a email or PM and provide a pointer to this thread/post.

Joe L.

Done.

Yes - the exact same.  I have a thread here too!

Maybe this will get some more traction as btluplin has submitted this directly to Lime Tech... it is going to bcome an irritation to more and more people as time progresses and people update.  I have submitted a question to Plex to see whether it's possible somehow to revert back to the "deep scan" for the time being until this issue is resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't ignore per se... in fact Elan (the main guy at Plex) is *very* active in the forums and on Twitter.  They just have a lot on their plates at the moment with LG/ Windows & Unix implementations/ delivering new features.

I think moreover the issue is that people flat out disagree with this issue - I've seen it raised on the Plex forum on a number of occasions (once by myself), and people (albeit not Elan) reply saying "Option-click the 'Refresh' button" or "Just right click and 'Update Metadata'".  Which of course I appreciate you can do, but would rather have it figure stuff out itself and auto-refresh.  I understand that the Turbo scan feature is faster, but if it doesn't work, then why can't we have an option to go back to the old slower way?  Maybe I'm completely missing something though...

The other irritating "feature" is not re-getting missing metadata.  If you scan for a show where there is zero metadata available, it'll not download anything and then never touch it again unless you force it to refresh.  Again, few seem bothered by this feature which astounds me completely!

I understand that the Turbo scan feature is faster, but if it doesn't work, then why can't we have an option to go back to the old slower way?  Maybe I'm completely missing something though...

I think turbo scan is a sticking plaster for the fact that the media server ruins playback during scans on older boxes. (Which never happened under previous versions).

Hopefully they will fix this....  but don't hold your breath, the dev team has a tendency to ignore issues for months.

That's a rather harsh statement to say.

Possibly so,  but there are a few things that were either broken for a very long time or that are still broken now.

Sorry I thought you where talking down unRAID. LOL

Archived