Slow parity check fix?

So recently upgraded my NAS case from an r5 to a meshify 2 xl. All my components are still the same but added another pci sata/sas expander card. 

All the drives are recognized and it's running ok so far, but I'm running a parity check and i'm getting 1/2 the speeds currently running at about 55 MB/sec.  At this rate it'll take me 3 days to run a parity check. 

I have one sata/sas card in the pcie x1_2 slot, another in the pciex4 slot.  i have my gpu in the pciex16 slot.

Have i congested all my lanes?  Will this only be an issue during parity checks?  would it be quicker if i run it headless w/o the gpu and put one of the sata/sas cards in the pcie x 16 slot?  

I've been debating about using my kids amd 5700g in my unraid box and giving them the 2600 + GPU.  I primarily use my unraid box as a plex server and the highest bitrate i've seen is misery 4k at 111.54 Mbps, so I think it should be ok for local streaming.

attached a diagnostic just in case. 

components

Aorus b450 pro wifi

SSD Samsung Evo 860 x2

Ryzen 5 2600

EVGA 750w supernova g+

Fractal design meshify 2 xl

16 gb of ram

Amd gpu 4800? Or hd 7870 on pic

2x LSI SAS 9207-8i SATA/SAS 6Gb/s PCI-E 3.0 Host Bus Adapter IT Mode SAS9207-8i US

nasgard-diagnostics-20211013-0941.zip

Edited by omartian
error
1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

If you have 8 disks on this HBA it will bottleneck, about 50MB/s maximum is the expected speed, you can run the diskspeed docker controller test to check bandwidth.

Thank you.  The plan is to use 8 drives on each HBA card.  right now, one card is fully utilized and the other one only has one drive plugged in. plan on getting more drives over the next few years.  

So changing the pci slot won't do anything, correct?  will saturating the other HBA card slow transfer speeds even more in the future?  

Just now, JorgeB said:

For now it will help, but when both are full you'll have the same problem.

It shouldn't.

Just now, JorgeB said:

Great! Thanks.  

Not really a problem for me, more of an inconvenience.  Just wanted to make sure i wasn't messing something up by putting my cards in the wrong slot. I knew upgrading would have it's drawbacks.