Cache Drive Suddenly Went Offline - How To Bring It Back and Is It Safe To Keep Using?

Janddy

Hi, last night my cache drive disappeared off my server. It was working fine during the day and the server hasn't physically been touched or moved in weeks. I restarted the server but the cache drive didn't come back after reboot. It's not appearing in the main page, dockers are gone, and shares that use only the cache drive are gone.

Can anyone help me work out what the issue is with the cache drive? Has the drive gone bad and should I throw it out, or is it still usable?

I have attached my diagnostics after the reboot. I also have diagnostics from before the reboot and can upload if that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

tower-diagnostics-20211014-0925.zip

Good question...So in the process of getting the server out, plugging in a screen and trying to boot into the BIOS the cache drive seems to have come back online in the GUI. I never managed to get into the BIOS because I think I needed a VGA cable instead of DVI but that's another story. While I was in there I noticed the cache drive was plugged into a little sata expansion card, so I plugged it straight into the motherboard in case the expansion card had something to do with it.

But everything is back online now - cache shares, docker etc. all seem fine.

However there is a SMART error on the cache drive. How worried should I be about that? When I click on it it shows the reallocated sector count is 1. Is that like a "keep an eye on it" kind of error or a "stop using this drive now" kind of error?

New diagnostics attached.

tower-diagnostics-20211014-2016.zip