No exportable user shares (but data is still intact) after changing which cache some shares use

runrun

First things first:

• Unraid version: 6.9.2
  • Plugins, addons, and hardware listed in Diagnostic zip

hal-diagnostics-20211013-2232.zip

Problem:

• I do not see any of my shares in the shares tab of Unraid
  • I can access files by navigating to their /mnt/disk#/... location via the console but /mnt/user is empty

How I noticed the problem:

• I went to drop a file into a share (from Windows 10) and got an error saying the drive was write-protected
  • I stopped my docker containers, ran "Docker Safe New Perms" on everything but appdata, but I was still unable to write to my shares
  • I rebooted then started the array but no shares showed up

What probably caused it:

• I changed the cache disk/pool for my appdata and system shares and I *think* all my Docker containers were running while I did so
  • I honestly don't recall which disk/pool they were previously using as a cache (it was either "system_cache" or "cache_protected") but the new target cache was "cache_ssd"

I'm not freaking out because I'm pretty confident all my data is still intact, but it would be nice if I could access it :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by runrun
Moved diagnostic zip

I think your changing no pools is probably not relevant.

according to your syslog you are getting BTRFS errors reported on your Samsung SSD.   I have no idea how serious these are but you should try and run a file system check/repair as described here in the online docum3ntstion accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at th3 bottom of the Unraid GUI.

2 hours ago, runrun said:

I changed the cache disk/pool for my appdata and system shares and I *think* all my Docker containers were running while I did so

Note that Unraid would not automatically move any files/folders between the pools when you make such a change so you would probably end up with bits of each share on both pools unless you took specific action to move them over.

Thanks for the reply!

I ran the filesystem check/repair, rebooted my system and I got my shares back!

Alas, I'm still seeing a ton of errors in my log and sdh1 is conspicuously empty of files (though there are some directories). I imagine something is borked in the partition table, but I really don't know anything about BTRFS so I could be totally off base

• kernel: BTRFS error (device sdh1): bad tree block start, want 1023298699264 have 0