is 'screen' still a thing for preclearing ultiple drives ?

loady

I just put 5 3tb drives into my server, its been a while since i did this and last time i was using screen so i could carry on using the array, i noticed that there is a preclear tool built into unraid now...do i just use that and can i do all 5 drives at once...i think i have the horse power, i could do 4 as i know one of them was spat out by the server when i was having power issues but i want to double check it is ok.

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Pre-clear is NOT built into Unraid, but there there is a plugin you can  can install to do it from the GUI.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

It's not built-in.  There's a plugin, and there's also a docker container (command line) which may work better in some situations

https://gyazo.com/12660b2d87400a0447afad5e74c1b7c8

That being the plugin, bottom left ?...ill try the docker, but do i still have to use screen or will the docker or plugin do all that ?

19 hours ago, Squid said:

yeah that's the plugin.  Make sure it's up to date

Couldnt get on with the docker but the plugin is fantastic. i have all  drives pre-clearing since yesterday, however i have an error on one drive, i bought 4 second hand 3TB drives, i have the log but i cant decipher the problem, is unraid saying its no good for use in unraid or is it saying its bad and going to die ? its stopped the pre clear for that drive. i didnt format these drives or do anything with them, i just put them in and let preclear get on with it.

preclear_disk_Z5022JYN_32369.txt

1 hour ago, Michael_P said:

Looks like it's on its way out. (I would not use that drive)

ATTRIBUTE                INITIAL  NOW    STATUS

Reallocated_Sector_Ct    0        8      Up 8

Current_Pending_Sector   0        16     Up 16

Offline_Uncorrectable    0        16     Up 16

and this drive seems to have finished but not sure if theres anything wrong with it persay or its ready to go in, theres no log available to download anymore so i copied it..

############################################################################################################################
#                                                                                                                          #
#                                     unRAID Server Preclear of disk WD-WCC4N1HHRPPY                                       #
#                                       Cycle 1 of 1, partition start on sector 64.                                        #
#                                                                                                                          #
#   Step 1 of 5 - Pre-read verification:                                                   [7:45:49 @ 107 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 2 of 5 - Zeroing the disk:                                                                       FAIL             #
############################################################################################################################
#                              Cycle elapsed time: 13:59:46 | Total elapsed time: 13:59:46                                 #

#                                        S.M.A.R.T. Status (device type: default)                                          #
#   ATTRIBUTE                INITIAL  STATUS                                                                               #
#   Reallocated_Sector_Ct    54       -                                                                                    #
#   Power_On_Hours           4677     -                                                                                    #
#   Temperature_Celsius      31       -                                                                                    #
#   Reallocated_Event_Count  2        -                                                                                    #
#   Current_Pending_Sector   0        -                                                                                    #
#   Offline_Uncorrectable    0        -                                                                                    #
#   UDMA_CRC_Error_Count     1        -                                                                                    #
#   SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED                                                               #

7 minutes ago, loady said:

not sure if theres anything wrong with it

7 minutes ago, loady said:
Step 2 of 5 - Zeroing the disk:                                                                       FAIL

I wouldn't be happy until it passes all 5 steps.

9 minutes ago, loady said:
Reallocated_Sector_Ct    54

Not fatal by itself, but until it passes preclear or at least an extended SMART test I wouldn't trust it.