External server access suddenly broken - now see SWAG pop-up instead of GUI

Hi All,

After using the My Servers remote access for a while, my attempt today failed.

Using my desktop at work, when I clicked the link from the Remote Access page, instead of going through to the dashboard  GUI, i got the following SWAG landing page.  See screenshot.

I can still access the gui on my mobile (using wireguard).

I got a push notification this AM about a number of my containers updating this morning as part of the weekly scheduled maintenance and SWAG was on that 'updated' list. 

Coincidentally, I initially found the My Servers access offline this AM due to the 'Grafini out of date' issue others have mention for which i updated the plugin. I also found that the 'My servers' and 'automatically upload error logs' were toggled off in the remote access settings. 
Updating the plugin and restoring the toggle made the server remotely accessible again, but now i land on this SWAG page??

I can't find any other mentions of this issue in the forums on Unraid or for SWAG.  SWAG seems to be working as my 'Overseerr' container/website is accessible outside my network  without Wireguard, going through my SWAG reverse proxy. 

In summary, i'm not sure if my issue is due to a problem with Remote Access plugin or with SWAG.
I've not yet rebooted my sever as trying to avoid that but happy to do so if required.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

cheers.

image.png.e0e249ae95cd3ecddb794ee62a8a1477.png

Edited by dp100
typos
  • dp100 changed the title to External server access suddenly broken - now see SWAG pop-up instead of GUI

Please stop the SWAG docker. Let's get the basic system working and then you can add SWAG back in.

What version of Unraid is this? And please double-check that you have the latest My Servers Plugin (currently 2021.10.12.1921)

Please go to Settings -> Management Access and let me know what the "Use SSL/TLS", "HTTP Port" and "HTTPS port" values are.

Then go to Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers and let me know what the WAN Port is.

On your router, what ports do you have forwarded to this server?

When you press "Check" on the My Servers page, what happens?

Also, please upload your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

• Thanks 1

Hi ljm42.

Thanks kindly for getting back to me.

Apolgies for not starting, V6.9.2, MyServer plugin 2021.10.12.1921

Using your prompts i did some digging and have found what the problem is..

Somehow, the custom port mapping for the My Servers plugin (to go through Wan Port 14444) had reset to it's default value of 443 (???)
To me, this explains how the https traffic to my server got routed to my SWAG container instead of the GUI.
Disabling the SWAG container did not fix the problem.

I'm not sure how/why my setup just changed, but ties in with my previous observation that the 'My servers' and 'automatically upload error logs' had also been toggled off in the remote access settings. Its like everything got reset?

I've since read other comments on the My Servers thread implying something happened on the Unraid side with My Servers earlier this week? Could explain how my settings had reverted to default?

In case you want to have a look, diagnostics are attached.

Thanks again!

darren 

image.thumb.png.3fbedd99ce86726a53fec043cb109ba8.png

homeserver-diagnostics-20211014-2138.zip

Edited by dp100