Drive in error state, help with diagnostics

KuniD

Hi all,

After 5 years of running my unraid box I'm pretty sure I'm encountering my first drive failure (I can hear the drive struggling lol). 

Before I power things down, etc, I thought I'd pull the diagnostics and share here for any insights - have to admit I'm not very good at deciphering these !

Essentially I woke this morning to hear a new sound (a louder whirring sound, like a fan failing), and saw unraid had a "Disk 4 in error state" message. The drive has been disabled and I can't access any of the SMART reports, but I'm guessing if I can hear it its a lost cause.

I have some questions regarding replacing the drive and rebuilding the array (apologies they are likely to be super basic/obvious, just never been through this process before). Right now I have 6x Seagate 8Tb drives, 1 parity, 5 storage. Firstly, I presume I can remove the failed drive for now, then when I receive a replacement drive the array will rebuild? Secondly, as 5 years has elapsed since building this setup, I want to get a larger drive (Ironwolf Pro 12Tb), so presume I'll need to follow this process (https://wiki.unraid.net/The_parity_swap_procedure) and make the 12tb drive the new parity? I'm a bit confused on whether the failed drive also needs to be present but disabled in this scenario, or unplugged and removed is ok

Appreciate any advice and thanks in advance

ultron-diagnostics-20211016-1211.zip