[support] OBS-NDI

On 12/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, patrickstigler said:

ok good, what GPU are you running? What driver version are you running? I am running the long term support version.

I am running GTX 1080. I tried all different versions. Currently it is the newest one but I could switch back to an old one again and test.

For some reason I got it working that via "nvidia-smi pmon" I get the report back that OBS is using my GPU. The encoding is just something between 2-7% though. That translates also in my FPS the recoding happens. I play on 60 FPS, output is 60 FPS but the recording depends on the container . If I fully load all CPUs then it even drops down to 4 FPS recoded up to 40 FPS. This feels like the GPU is not really used?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, domrockt said:

is it possible to add an AMD IGPU support for this container?

I guess it would. But I haven't found a sample container or more info on that. In case you know a reference, let me know.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:44 PM, msone said:

Is it possible to use quick sync with this?

I guess so - maybe check to "quick sync forwarding for Plex" it should work the same.

So you have to set it up to your Hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first of all: thanks! It works great! But I have the same issue some people mentioned before:

OBS just utilizes a 3% of the GPU and the framerate it constantly below 60fps. Are there any solutions by now?

And where do the recordings go? :D

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great container. made it really simple to stream to my private owncast website.

I have one question.. I am using Nvenc H264 encoder which seems to be working as Nvidia-SMI shows it being used by OBS... but my CPU is also being used at 50% while running

why would this be?

GPU encoder shows approx 35% usage but CPU is at 50% I thought CPU would be lower

image.png.f0c9098a3c18c247de4742fb699235b0.png

image.png.f67ffabb2eacf7bc407c3f0e928f2bf5.png

Edited by enigma27
On 3/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, enigma27 said:

great container. made it really simple to stream to my private owncast website.

I have one question.. I am using Nvenc H264 encoder which seems to be working as Nvidia-SMI shows it being used by OBS... but my CPU is also being used at 50% while running

why would this be?

GPU encoder shows approx 35% usage but CPU is at 50% I thought CPU would be lower

image.png.f0c9098a3c18c247de4742fb699235b0.png

image.png.f67ffabb2eacf7bc407c3f0e928f2bf5.png

I have noticed the same, the GPU is encoding ok, but there is something in obs that is using a lot of CPU. If I encode with ffmpeg-nvidia docker with the same settings my cpu doesn't pass 15%.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:52 PM, patrickstigler said:

Thanks @enigma27 Good question. 

I try to take a look at it. But if you already have a guess what it could be le me know. I try to fix it.

Hi, I have detected that the high CPU usage starts when there's some source playing. In my case, when I have no source is 10%, when I add the source increases to 60/70 % and when I start streaming goes up to 90%. As I said, streaming whith nvidica-ffmpeg doesn't use more than 15/20%. I think it's something with the source ingest, like if it were using CPU to transcode the source to the canvas or something, and then the GPU to transcode the stream.