[support] OBS-NDI

10 hours ago, patrickstigler said:

Hi Sorry for the delay. 

I will take a look at it, but currently I am quite busy so I had no time to do something on the image. 

Also my network interface broke (might be a software issue) but now I have to fix the build pipeline first. I will update you guys here.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 5:37 AM, patrickstigler said:

Hi Sorry for the delay. 

I will take a look at it, but currently I am quite busy so I had no time to do something on the image. 

Also my network interface broke (might be a software issue) but now I have to fix the build pipeline first. I will update you guys here.

No need to be sorry, I'm just grateful for your work

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents,  Waited a bit to work on fixing this myself and ended up revamping a bit of it back to the old system to get it to work.

The new accetto/ubuntu vnc based image does not play well with avahi so NDI is unable to locate sources.

I've posted the changes to: https://github.com/mountaintopsolutions/docker-obs-ndi-ng

The summary is:

Went back to the old container format for now.  based on the old images when this was first published.

Updated to ubuntu 22.04

Updated OBS to 29.0.2

Updated NDI plugin

Fixed startup scripts.

The images are available for the unraid OBS-NDI plugin at
https://hub.docker.com/r/mountaintopsolutions/docker-obs-ndi-ng

they can be imported by changing the repository URL for the OBS-NDI image to:

mountaintopsolutions/docker-obs-ndi-ng:legacy-latest

or if you want to stay safe and not get any updates

mountaintopsolutions/docker-obs-ndi-ng:legacy-1.0

This container uses port 5900 for direct VNC connections and 5901 for novnc connections.

Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

for the "NG" part of docker-obs-ndi-ng I have rebuilt the accetto based image, fixed the issues, and have it running manually but it needs some startup script changes that will require rebuilding the entire accetto base image to fix, as avahi and dbus need to start with xvnc.  When i have time to fix that I will publish those images, but this should get everyone back streaming for now.

-- DC

Screenshot attached showing we are cooking with gas again!

OBS-NDI-Screenshot.png

• Thanks 1

Im not sure where else to post this... Im hoping Im in the right place.  I am trying to manage the settings and it is asking for my GPU name.  So far I have been unable to find an acceptable name for the setting and it keeps failing on me.  Where do I find this name in the correct format? 
Edit..
I have an Nvidia GPU so Im assuming I have to use this.  

opera_0gjnnoChwH.png

Edited by Haytar
  • Confused 1

Ok I havent figured out how to delete my own posts.  I have figured out more and more as I post so ... sorry bout the stacking posts.  But... I have since installed the version linked in the post before my first post...  but it just stays on "started" or w/e and I can't access its web interface.   

The web interface is on port 5901, the latest template says 6901, if you try http://ip:5901 it should give you the novnc interface.

you can also connect directly with your own vnc client on port 5900

To delete a post click the ... on the post header and click delete.

Edited by mountaintop
9 hours ago, Haytar said:

Ok.. got it working but it doesnt seem to have NDI installed when I open the interface?  I am very confused now.

I too am missing the NDI stuff in the latest container!   This is a new instal.  I used it before, and everything worked great (i just had a useless PC to stream from before now).

Edited by miicar
On 3/21/2023 at 1:26 AM, mountaintop said:

Hi gents,  Waited a bit to work on fixing this myself and ended up revamping a bit of it back to the old system to get it to work.

The new accetto/ubuntu vnc based image does not play well with avahi so NDI is unable to locate sources.

I've posted the changes to: https://github.com/mountaintopsolutions/docker-obs-ndi-ng

The summary is:

Went back to the old container format for now.  based on the old images when this was first published.

Updated to ubuntu 22.04

Updated OBS to 29.0.2

Updated NDI plugin

Fixed startup scripts.

This container uses port 5900 for direct VNC connections and 5901 for novnc connections.

for the "NG" part of docker-obs-ndi-ng I have rebuilt the accetto based image, fixed the issues, and have it running manually but it needs some startup script changes that will require rebuilding the entire accetto base image to fix, as avahi and dbus need to start with xvnc.  When i have time to fix that I will publish those images, but this should get everyone back streaming for now.

-- DC

OBS-NDI-Screenshot.png

Hi,

I have it up and running but i cant find any "Source name"

image.png.17949089a8d40b2a4180241e49f467d9.png

When i set up VM win10 and install it works fine but i can´t get it to work with the Docker.

/Johan

Johan,

I just tested again on a fresh container and after making sure my OBS was open on my gaming PC it shows up on the drop down list as a source as it should.

Did you give the docker container an IP as thought its another device on your network? (IE: i uses 192.168.1.x and my docker container has an IP of 192.168.1.250) or does it have a docker assigned IP like 172.16.x.x?  If its the docker assigned IP, change to using your bridge device (br0 most likely) for networking and give it a normal IP on your network and the problem should be resolved.  

The NDI plugin uses avahi / mdns to broadcast service availability, make sure that nothing is blocking communication.  (firewall, having docker container on a different LAN segment, using docker internal IP instead of bridged networking will all cause avahi not to work.)

Edited by mountaintop
10 hours ago, mountaintop said:

Johan,

I just tested again on a fresh container and after making sure my OBS was open on my gaming PC it shows up on the drop down list as a source as it should.

Did you give the docker container an IP as thought its another device on your network? (IE: i uses 192.168.1.x and my docker container has an IP of 192.168.1.250) or does it have a docker assigned IP like 172.16.x.x?  If its the docker assigned IP, change to using your bridge device (br0 most likely) for networking and give it a normal IP on your network and the problem should be resolved.  

The NDI plugin uses avahi / mdns to broadcast service availability, make sure that nothing is blocking communication.  (firewall, having docker container on a different LAN segment, using docker internal IP instead of bridged networking will all cause avahi not to work.)

Don´t realy know how but now it works. Did change device for network so i got like 172.16.x.x and then i changed back to br0 and now it works fine:)

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 8:26 PM, mountaintop said:

The summary is:

Updated to ubuntu 22.04

Updated OBS to 29.0.2

Updated NDI plugin

Fixed startup scripts.

-- DC

OBS-NDI-Screenshot.png

I don't use Unraid but I wanted to come her to say THANK YOU!  Because of your work I can now use my NAS to stream.  I use Openmediavault instead of Unraid and I was able to use your container in Portainer to stream from my gaming computer to the OBS on my NAS thanks to you.  Just have to find why my frames are topping out at 43fps on my server and how to implement QSV.  Thanks again.

Also, if anyone doesn't have anything in their NDI source, use this vid: 

Essentially you are setting up a Config network and your own MacVLAN network to attach to the OBS container.

I also had to use MyIP:5901 to access.  The port had to be in the URL.

Hi @mountaintop,

Thanks for getting this back up and running. Just a quick question, any idea how to enable hardware decoding for NVIDIA. Encoding seems to work fine but for some reason I cannot get OBS to hardware decode an SRT media source. It works on OBS in windows, not sure if this is a linux issue or if there is something else I need to add to the docker image.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 4:24 PM, mountaintop said:

Johan,

I'm just now having the same issue he described. I've installed the same version of OBS and the NDI dependencies on my main PC to match what's in the docker image, but I'm only able to see the Preview output. As far as I can tell, that does not actually send any audio either.

I've set up a firewall exemption for OBS on my PC, and I've made sure that br0 is the docker's network adapter.

• 5 months later...