[Problem] Reformatting Replacement Drive with XFS

TekDRu

Hello All,

I followed the instructions from (https://wiki.unraid.net/File_System_Conversion).

At step #8 After runnning rsync,  I saw this error at the end of the process:

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1330) [sender=3.2.3]

I moved on to step #9 and during that preocess  i saw a lot of errors like these:

rsync: [sender] get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/mnt/disk6/Software/Software/Raspberry Pi/OSMC/iptv/iptv.m3u","user.com.apple.TextEncoding",15) failed: Input/output error (5)
rsync: [sender] get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/mnt/disk6/Software/Software/Raspberry Pi/OSMC/iptv/old/uk-english.m3u","user.com.apple.TextEncoding",15) failed: Input/output error (5)
rsync: [sender] get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/mnt/disk6/Software/Software/Raspberry Pi/OSMC/iptv/old/usalive.m3u","user.com.apple.TextEncoding",15) failed: Input/output error (5)
rsync: [sender] get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/mnt/disk6/Software/Software/Raspberry Pi/OSMC/iptv/old/iptv.m3u","user.com.apple.TextEncoding",15) failed: Input/output error (5)

I continued going through the remaining steps up to #16

Then I went on to check the files mentioned in the errors and realized that they were not copied over to the swap drive. So I used mc to copy them over manually.  I also noticed that there was at lead one file that was not copied to the swap drive but it was not mentioned in the rsync log.  I'm not sure if this is the case for any other files.  I checked a few files that were more important and did not find any missing files (yet).

Looking at some lines in the syslog, I saw some lines like these:

Oct 12 07:31:19 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md1): jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr (user.com.apple.metadata:kMDItemScreenCaptureType) associated with [67429 67460 0x0 SD]
Oct 12 07:31:24 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md1): jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr (user.com.apple.metadata:kMDItemWhereFroms) associated with [208526 592879 0x0 SD]
Oct 12 07:44:56 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md1): jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr (user.com.apple.TextEncoding) associated with [592018 592025 0x0 SD]
Oct 12 08:07:13 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md1): jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr (user.com.apple.quarantine) associated with [677527 857126 0x0 SD]

I figured I should ask at this point before I continue to #17 and #18

Questions:

What does these errors indicate concerning drives, etc.?

How can I fix these error?

Is there something I should do now to avoid future issues before continuing to #17 and #18?

Thanks 

It seems like the rsync -X option is preventing the files from being copied. When I remove that option, the files are copied. But when I run the command with -rcvPX, I still get the error. 

How important is the -X option in this process? Do I need keep the -X option in order for the File System Conversion to work properly and keep the parity valid?