Switching to a Dell PowerEdge R530. Help with some newbie questions

stelks

Hey Guys, Just looking for some advice here as I am migrating my unRAID server from consumer hardware to used enterprise and have a few questions for those who are more knowledgeable then me.

Current system: i7 4790k 32GB Ram

New system: Dell R530 2x E5-2660 v3 (20 cores 40 with HT) 128GB RAM (8x 16GB 2133)

Firstly, The new system comes with 8 1.2TB 10k SAS drives. I currently have 4 14TB SATA drives. From what I have seen it looks like I can use both types of drives at once as long as they are not in the same array which is not an issue with unRAID. Would it be possible to have the 4 SATA drives set up in unRAID for my storage array then use the SAS drives for a secondary cache pool (I have a SSD I use for my cache pool now that I figure ill buy a low-profile PCIE card to connect that)?

Also I have a GTX950 that I use now for Plex in transcoding. The server does not have any full height PCIE slots but it looks like I can just slap this in it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185088641357?hash=item2b1824894d:g:8PsAAOSwQr9hW5wZ

Is my assumption correct?

Anything else I should be considering here?

Thanks!

Edited by stelks