(solved) Cryptic message from Unraid, all unraid menus blank, OS key missing

Ouze

Hello all, 

At 0800 I got the following email from myself, as follows:

cron for user root /sbin/fstrim -a -v | logger &> /dev/null

fstrim: /boot: the discard operation is not supported

When I went to check my server, every menu is blank. There is a warning about my license key missing. 

All shares are accessible and up. Plex via a docker is working OK. I can get in via SSH.

I have re-seated the USB key, but have taken no other actions yet - I have not rebooted - for fear of making it worse. 

What should I do next?  I'm not sure how to get diagnostics:

root@Min:~# diagnostics
Starting diagnostics collection... mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/boot/logs’: Input/output error
done.
ZIP file '/boot/logs/min-diagnostics-20211019-1130.zip' created.

I don't have flash exported, so I have no way - that I know of? - to get to that path. 

Thank you!

unraid blank.PNG

Edited by Ouze
solved
5 minutes ago, Ouze said:

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/boot/logs’: Input/output error

based on this, the flash was pulled or dropped offline.  Reboot is your recourse.  Use a USB2 port if at all possible.  If this continues, either replace the flash or try the Flash Remount plugin.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

based on this, the flash was pulled or dropped offline.  Reboot is your recourse.  Use a USB2 port if at all possible.  If this continues, either replace the flash or try the Flash Remount plugin.

Thank you, crossing my fingers and rebooting now. 😨 

Ok, mostly good news, some minor bad news:

Before I rebooted I tried copying the syslog to disk1. It did so, but it doesn't seem to be useful: whatever broke seems to have broken prior to when the log went sideways, but attaching what I have anyway. 

The other minor issue: I rebooted dirty. I thought "poweroff" was safe from googling, but that clearly is not correct, as it's doing a parity check (Powerdown didn't seem to do anything). Is there a command I could be using in the future? 

Thank you again for the swift assistance, I really appreciate it!

syslog.zip

• Ouze changed the title to (solved) Cryptic message from Unraid, all unraid menus blank, OS key missing