[Support] Goobaroo - Modded Minecraft Java Servers

On 11/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, Goobaroo said:

@Gr8Lightning & @DarthLlama I found that the forge installer is left behind and getting sucked into your startup command.   I can make sure installers get cleaned up, but if you manually delete the forge-*-installer.jar files in your install directories, everything will work.

java -server -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -Dlog4j.configurationFile=log4j2_112-116.xml -Xms6144m -Xmx9182m -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.33-installer.jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.33.jar nogui

It works perfectly. Thank you very much for the containers and the great support. 😄👍  @Goobaroo

• Like 1

@Siggz I found this bug: JDK-8292171, someone having a similar crash, though it is Java 11 and this one is Java 17.

Do you want to test a custom build?  I upgraded the container to use Java 18.0.2.  It works on my machine, I'm wondering if it will be okay on yours.  It is version 1.10.1 of the modpack.

Just edit your install and change the Repository from goobaroo/ftbdirewolf20_118 to goobaroo/ftbdirewolf20_118:siggz

That will pull down the Java 18 image instead.

Hey @Goobaroo first off, thank you for the hard work on all your containers and support!

I have been having some issues with the Direwolf docker container however, where no matter what I do, it refuses to install itself. I have changed permissions, accepted the eula, verified the "serverinstall_95_2291" file is 5,356KB, and logs.. but no matter what it always errors. The error from the log is below. Let me know if I am just dumb :) The only settings I have changed is initial Ram, and the server port from 25565 to 25566 as I have another service running on 25565.

++ ls 'forge-*.jar'
ls: cannot access 'forge-*.jar': No such file or directory
+ FORGE_JAR=
+ curl -Lo log4j2_112-116.xml https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/02937d122c86ce73319ef9975b58896fc1b491d1/log4j2_112-116.xml
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  1131  100  1131    0     0  13305      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 13464
+ java -server -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -Dlog4j.configurationFile=log4j2_112-116.xml -Xms8192m -Xmx16384m -jar nogui
Error: Unable to access jarfile nogui
+ ID=95
+ VER=2291
+ cd /data
+ [[ true = \f\a\l\s\e ]]
+ echo eula=true
+ [[ -f serverinstall_95_2291 ]]
+ [[ -n FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.18 v1.10.1 Server Powered by Docker ]]
+ sed -i '/motd\s*=/ c motd=FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.18 v1.10.1 Server Powered by Docker' /data/server.properties
sed: can't read /data/server.properties: No such file or directory
+ [[ -n world ]]
+ sed -i '/level-name\s*=/ c level-name=world' /data/server.properties
sed: can't read /data/server.properties: No such file or directory
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ sed -i 's/server-port.*/server-port=25565/g' server.properties
sed: can't read server.properties: No such file or directory
+ [[ -f run.sh ]]
+ [[ -f start.sh ]]
+ [[ -f run.sh ]]
+ [[ -f start.sh ]]
+ rm -f 'forge-*-installer.jar'
++ ls 'forge-*.jar'
ls: cannot access 'forge-*.jar': No such file or directory
+ FORGE_JAR=
+ curl -Lo log4j2_112-116.xml https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/02937d122c86ce73319ef9975b58896fc1b491d1/log4j2_112-116.xml
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  1131  100  1131    0     0  14500      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14500
+ java -server -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -Dlog4j.configurationFile=log4j2_112-116.xml -Xms8192m -Xmx16384m -jar nogui
Error: Unable to access jarfile nogui

On 11/18/2022 at 6:02 AM, Goobaroo said:

@eebs Done.  Thanks for raising it.

Thanks for that!  Noticing that the launch script is looking for a run.sh, but only startserver.sh exists. Renaming the startserver.sh file to run.sh seems to fix it, so probably just needs a rename somewhere!

Also wondering if there is a way to connect to the console once inside the docker terminal?

Thanks again for making such great images!

Edited by eebs
1 hour ago, Goobaroo said:

@Raiever What is in the appdata directory for the pack.  It looks like the forge jar is missing entirely.

It is indeed missing the Forge.jar files, the only thing created in the directory are:
Eula.txt (1kb, text file)
log4j2_112-116.xml (2kb, xml file)
serverinstall_95_2291 (5.3mb, no file extension)

I thought perhaps this was because it was on a cache drive and failing, but I went ahead and tested it on a secondary drive that isn't cached, and that also only pulled those three files. I also made sure that all permissions are correct on the entire share and for all folders so there is no read/writing issues. Thoughts? :o

2 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

@Raiever I think the install got interrupted the first run.  Deleting the serverinstall_95_2291 file, that will re-start the install process.

Well, I will be damned. I have redone this entire process half a dozen times, removed every file, removed single files, changed drives, changed permissions, renamed files, manually downloaded files, and dropped them in the folder... just about everything I can name or think of.... then today I delete the installer, start server.. and it works.

Black magic, I don't understand it but I appreciate it! 😁

• Like 1

Hi @Goobaroo I have some problem is about FTBDirewolf20_1.18(1.10.2)
I try to change the server port but looks like it didn't work out.I have trying to change server.properties but still did't work.It seems that when the container starts, the port in the unraid gui is set to overwtite the serverport in the server.properties and cannot be replaced.Even if you change the port from 25565 to 25566, but it is forced to change back to 25565 when the server starts, which bothers me.

My current method is to redefine the server to 25565 by using the router's port forward to access the port of 25567 from the external network. This is solved under the vlan setting of opnsense. I believe that most players do not have 1 ip for 1 server. In most cases, one ip is given to an mc server at the same time, and the server port conflict is resolved by changing the server-port in server.properties

Updated:
I try to delete variable OPS and Port it fixed.

It is recommended not to increase the port option. Personally, it is recommended to change the port directly in server.properties, which can solve the problem of port enforcement.Although this problem can be solved by port forwarding on the router, this method is not friendly

I recommended build in rcon-cli to inside any docker image because it can help us .Thanks

Edited by ChongZhiJie

Hi Goobaroo, I got a question regarding the Vault Hunters container in terms of updates.

Currently, Vault Hunters is on update 1.16.5 and this container has been working perfectly with no issues. However, Vault Hunters will be receiving an update to 1.18 estimated this Saturday (26/11/2022) As this update is not compatible with previous versions. Would this mean that there will be a separate container for this specific version, or will the Vault Hunters container be updated to the latest?

My friends and I are very excited to play when it gets released and were also wondering if this container will be updated after release shortly after? Of course, I respect your time, so I completely understand if there isn't any plans to, or if you got a busy schedule.

Thank you very much!

@ChongZhiJie You don't need to change the server.propeties at all.  That port layer is inside docker, changing it will only break the networking for the container because it is expecting the default port of 25565.

To use a different port just change the PORT value in the docker config, and use the bridge network.  It will then map the port you defined to your unraid server IP and you can port forward that publicly if you like.  

Here are two servers running on my server.  That column on the right shows the mapping of the port and IP inside the docker network on 172.17.0.0 to the IP of my unraid server and the mapped port.

image.png.e0f63434d84e04197153aa4abb4dee04.png

Or alternatively you can use br0 network and give each docker container their own IP on your internal network and port forward to that instead.

image.png.4408e7f5d4e92a64055abb9f2ac402ee.png

But changing the server.properties will only break it.

Edited by Goobaroo

Just installed what I assume was the update from a few days ago for Stoneblock3 and now I can't start the server, I get this :

e[18:23:48] [main/ERROR] [minecraft/Main]: Failed to start the minecraft server
net.minecraftforge.fml.LoadingFailedException: Loading errors encountered: [
        MineTogether (minetogether) has failed to load correctly
§7java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
]
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.waitForTransition(ModLoader.java:222) ~[fmlcore-1.18.2-40.1.84.jar%23260!/:?] {}
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.lambda$dispatchAndHandleError$21(ModLoader.java:187) ~[fmlcore-1.18.2-40.1.84.jar%23260!/:?] {}
        at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:178) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.dispatchAndHandleError(ModLoader.java:187) ~[fmlcore-1.18.2-40.1.84.jar%23260!/:?] {}
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.lambda$gatherAndInitializeMods$11(ModLoader.java:164) ~[fmlcore-1.18.2-40.1.84.jar%23260!/:?] {}
        at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.gatherAndInitializeMods(ModLoader.java:164) ~[fmlcore-1.18.2-40.1.84.jar%23260!/:?] {}
        at net.minecraftforge.server.loading.ServerModLoader.load(ServerModLoader.java:32) ~[forge-1.18.2-40.1.84-universal.jar%23264!/:?] {re:classloading,pl:epic_rei_lmao:B}
        at net.minecraft.server.Main.main(Main.java:112) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23259!/:?] {re:classloading}
        at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {}
        at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?] {}
        at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?] {}
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?] {}
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonServerLaunchHandler.lambda$launchService$0(CommonServerLaunchHandler.java:32) ~[fmlloader-1.18.2-40.1.84.jar%2317!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:53) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:71) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:106) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) [modlauncher-9.1.3.jar%235!/:?] {}
        at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:149) [bootstraplauncher-1.0.0.jar:?] {}

I see that you added one, thank you! Though when trying to start it the logs return

/launch.sh: line 17: syntax error in conditional expression
/launch.sh: line 17: syntax error near `Server'
/launch.sh: line 17: `if ! [[ -f RLCraft Server Pack 1.12.2 - Release v2.9.1c.zip ]]; then'

@CRDark That wasn't quite ready for release. But I have fixed it up properly now, so it should work if you force an update or remove and completely re-install.  You'll have to wipe out the files in the rlcraft appdata directory in order for it to install properly.

To answer your other question about a guide, I don't have one.

Fundamentally the containers are an install/update script. That downloads the version of the server files needed for a particular mod pack and exposes the environment variables from the unraid application config to allow it all to run.  Each server has its particular version of Java as the parent container that runs the server.  For some packs it is easy, there is an install script.  For others, like RLCraft no help is given other than some server requirements and I had to write an installer to take care of it.

2 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

@CRDark That wasn't quite ready for release. But I have fixed it up properly now, so it should work if you force an update or remove and completely re-install.  You'll have to wipe out the files in the rlcraft appdata directory in order for it to install properly.

To answer your other question about a guide, I don't have one.

Fundamentally the containers are an install/update script. That downloads the version of the server files needed for a particular mod pack and exposes the environment variables from the unraid application config to allow it all to run.  Each server has its particular version of Java as the parent container that runs the server.  For some packs it is easy, there is an install script.  For others, like RLCraft no help is given other than some server requirements and I had to write an installer to take care of it.

Thank you for all of this. I tried manually updating a version of vault hunters myself to the latest version that was released today but it was too much for my limited shell scripting knowledge. And I couldn't find the VH dockerfile in your github to attempt to update that alongside.
+1 vote for VH latest ❤️

Edited by sportsziggy
  • Goobaroo changed the title to [Support] Goobaroo - Modded Minecraft Java Servers