[Solved) How to proceed after a overheated storage device?

I have had my unRAID for several years, changed HW and added disks without any issues through the years. Now I ran into issues I never experienced before and would be very grateful for help sorting things out.

So my Lsi card overheated and half of my disks stopped saying there was errors. I turned the array of and shut down the server to let it cool down. After a couple of days I turned it on again and everything seemed fine. I started the array in maintenance mode to run a Check Filesystem Status in the disks.

I started a check -n and got 
ALERT: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which is being ignored because the -n option was used. Expect spurious inconsistencies which may be resolved by first mounting the filesystem to replay the log.

So should I stop the array and mount it normally and let the disks read the log and then stop the array and restart in maintenance mode?

Grateful for help figuring out how I should proceed.

//ChristerB

tower-diagnostics-20211020-1208.zip

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

You can try but I would expect the drive is likely show up as unmountable when you try :(  The normal way forward is to provide the -L option to the repair - despite the ominous sounding warning it rarely results it any data loss.

Thanks a lot, I will try the .L option on one of the drives.

//ChristerB

• ChristerB changed the title to [Solved) How to proceed after a overheated storage device?