Can someone help me please?!

Ever since settings this unraid server with Plex up I've had nothing but problems. My Plex docker going down all the time, server crashing, it seems like it never ends. Today it crashed and none of my Docker containers would start again. I grabbed the log before the reboot. Can someone tell me what is going on? This is a new server I build, new drives, new everything.

I'm running binhex Plex docker, and I've got a few plugins running, really standard stuff, nothing weird.

weechflix-syslog-20211021-0006.zip

Edited by Squirreljester
5 hours ago, Squirreljester said:

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Looks like your docker image is corrupted.

Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: blk_update_request: critical space allocation error, dev loop2, sector 12385696 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x1800 phys_seg 43 prio class 0
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in btrfs_commit_transaction:2377: errno=-5 IO failure (Error while writing out transaction)
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): forced readonly
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): Skipping commit of aborted transaction.
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in cleanup_transaction:1942: errno=-5 IO failure
Oct 20 00:07:35 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): parent transid verify failed on 5794381824 wanted 9028 found 8570

Maybe because it got full ?

7 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Looks like your docker image is corrupted.

Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: blk_update_request: critical space allocation error, dev loop2, sector 12385696 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x1800 phys_seg 43 prio class 0
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in btrfs_commit_transaction:2377: errno=-5 IO failure (Error while writing out transaction)
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): forced readonly
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): Skipping commit of aborted transaction.
Oct 19 23:13:24 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in cleanup_transaction:1942: errno=-5 IO failure
Oct 20 00:07:35 Weechflix kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): parent transid verify failed on 5794381824 wanted 9028 found 8570

Maybe because it got full ?

It's new, I just built this whole thing a couple months ago. Everyone told me to go Docker for performance and stability when I wanted to just run a Windows vm. Now that I'm on it, I'm finding Docker containers are the most fragile things on the planet, they crash, just disappear, become orphaned, and just stop working all the time.

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Server was rebooted, everything looks fine for now, still you should probably recreate the docker image, if it happens again post new diags before rebooting.

Recreate the Docker as in start from scratch and rebuild the whole thing again? Is there a way to build a new Docker and keep everything I've set up already? Is there any kind of repair I can do?

Edited by Squirreljester

Is there a way to build a new Docker and keep everything I've set up already?

Yes.

Once you deleted/recreated the docker image (Settings / Docker) you can go to Apps / Previous Apps.

Then select the apps you want to reinstall. It will use the backed up templates based on your previous settings, not the default values.

7 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Yes.

Once you deleted/recreated the docker image (Settings / Docker) you can go to Apps / Previous Apps.

Then select the apps you want to reinstall. It will use the backed up templates based on your previous settings, not the default values.

I just went there and I see a "No Matching Applications Found" message. I haven't deleted my Docker yet, but this makes me nervous, is there a setting I don't have checked somewhere and it's not backing up online?

24 minutes ago, Squirreljester said:

I don't have checked somewhere and it's not backing up online?

The backup is not online but on your flashdrive.

25 minutes ago, Squirreljester said:

I just went there and I see a "No Matching Applications Found" message.

Would be logical since the apps are not deleted yet.

I am not home, so I cannot check the place the apps (previous and current) are saved exactly.

Hopefully someone can provide this information so you can check it's there before going forward. :) 

12 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

The backup is not online but on your flashdrive.

Would be logical since the apps are not deleted yet.

I am not home, so I cannot check the place the apps (previous and current) are saved exactly.

Hopefully someone can provide this information so you can check it's there before going forward. :) 

Ah ok, I didn't know that was a local backup. Still, I'd hope to see something there before I delete the container.

Also, my Synology NAS I have SMB mounts to just disconnected again, no idea why my Plex is always showing shows and movies as unavailable on that, but that's not right because when Plex was running on my old ass computer I had none of these problems. I'm attaching my diagnostics, no idea what's going on, the mounts show as mounted on unraid's home screen.

weechflix-diagnostics-20211022-2120.zip

9 hours ago, Squirreljester said:

Ah ok, I didn't know that was a local backup. Still, I'd hope to see something there before I delete the container.

Also, my Synology NAS I have SMB mounts to just disconnected again, no idea why my Plex is always showing shows and movies as unavailable on that, but that's not right because when Plex was running on my old ass computer I had none of these problems. I'm attaching my diagnostics, no idea what's going on, the mounts show as mounted on unraid's home screen.

weechflix-diagnostics-20211022-2120.zip 88.95 kB · 0 downloads

All the docker container data is mapped to the /appdata/ folder that remains when a docker container is removed.  You can delete and reinstall a docker container without losing any configuration as long as you reinstall with the saved user template.  You are currently using 41% of the 20G docker image.  That should be enough.  If all you run is one Plex docker, you need to check your allocations to see if the Plex is configured properly so it does not fill the docker container.

As far as your remote shares, three of them are showing 100% usage.  Is it possible that all 18T of space is used? This might be why they are having issues.  No room for new files.

//SQUIRRELSTOR/Movies         18T   18T  155G 100% /mnt/remotes/SQUIRRELSTOR_Movies
//SQUIRRELSTOR/TVShows        18T   18T  155G 100% /mnt/remotes/SQUIRRELSTOR_TVShows
//SQUIRRELSTOR/UnraidBackup   18T   18T  155G 100% /mnt/remotes/SQUIRRELSTOR_UnraidBackup
//JESTER/Music               5.5T  1.5T  4.0T  27% /mnt/remotes/JESTER_Music

On 10/23/2021 at 6:55 AM, dlandon said:

All the docker container data is mapped to the /appdata/ folder that remains when a docker container is removed.  You can delete and reinstall a docker container without losing any configuration as long as you reinstall with the saved user template.  You are currently using 41% of the 20G docker image.  That should be enough.  If all you run is one Plex docker, you need to check your allocations to see if the Plex is configured properly so it does not fill the docker container.

As far as your remote shares, three of them are showing 100% usage.  Is it possible that all 18T of space is used? This might be why they are having issues.  No room for new files.

//SQUIRRELSTOR/Movies         18T   18T  155G 100% /mnt/remotes/SQUIRRELSTOR_Movies
//SQUIRRELSTOR/TVShows        18T   18T  155G 100% /mnt/remotes/SQUIRRELSTOR_TVShows
//SQUIRRELSTOR/UnraidBackup   18T   18T  155G 100% /mnt/remotes/SQUIRRELSTOR_UnraidBackup
//JESTER/Music               5.5T  1.5T  4.0T  27% /mnt/remotes/JESTER_Music

I was looking at that, why is it using 41%? That seems like a lot.

And will the Docker template only show up after I delete it? Because there's not one stored in apps now and it kind of worries me about deleting the container.

And yeah unfortunately my NAS is pretty much full, but if it fills up it shouldn't disconnect and make all files stored there unavailable to Plex, it just shouldn't let me add anything new to it, right? Making all the files already stored there unavailable seems like strange behavior for running out of storage.

And will the Docker template only show up after I delete it? Because there's not one stored in apps now and it kind of worries me about deleting the container.

After you delete it, click on the 'Docker' tab, click on the 'Add Container', then click on 'Select a Template'.  You'll see your docker container template just as you set it up under '[User Templates]'.  Choose the Plex docker container and it will be put back exactly as you originally set it up.

And yeah unfortunately my NAS is pretty much full, but if it fills up it shouldn't disconnect and make all files stored there unavailable to Plex, it just shouldn't let me add anything new to it, right? Making all the files already stored there unavailable seems like strange behavior for running out of storage.

In the log, it doesn't look like the remote shares went off line.  I suspect that Plex had some trouble with the remote shares and couldn't deal with it.  Can you remove some stuff to provide more room?

You should review your container template and be sure the mappings are appropriate.  I suspect you have an incorrect mapping and are filling the container with files causing the docker container to fill up.

Do this:

- Delete your Plex docker container.

- Delete and recreate your docker vdisk image.

- Re-install Plex.

When you reinstall Plex, post a screen shot of your mappings.  You may have to click on 'Show More Settings' to see all of them.

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

After you delete it, click on the 'Docker' tab, click on the 'Add Container', then click on 'Select a Template'.  You'll see your docker container template just as you set it up under '[User Templates]'.  Choose the Plex docker container and it will be put back exactly as you originally set it up.

In the log, it doesn't look like the remote shares went off line.  I suspect that Plex had some trouble with the remote shares and couldn't deal with it.  Can you remove some stuff to provide more room?

You should review your container template and be sure the mappings are appropriate.  I suspect you have an incorrect mapping and are filling the container with files causing the docker container to fill up.

Do this:

- Re-install Plex.

When you reinstall Plex, post a screen shot of your mappings.  You may have to click on 'Show More Settings' to see all of them.

So do I want to remove the container with the checkmark to remove the image too? I really don't want to lose everything I've set up, or have to rescan everything because that took forever too.

I'm having this weird problem now where stuff that used to play shows up fine in Plex but it just doesn't play anymore. The files themselves play fine, but in Plex it just wont play at all, the loading circle just spins.

All of my other dockers are "bridge" except my Binhex-Plexpass, it shows up as:

binhex-plexpass    host    192.168.15.187 ????

I also attached my maps from Docker and my mounts from unraid. I can browse the mounts in unraid just find, and the movies/shows show up as available now, Plex just won't play them.

Maps.png

Mounts.png

Edited by Squirreljester
22 hours ago, dlandon said:

Do this:

- Re-install Plex.

See my post above this one. I didn't remove the image yet, do I need to also use the checkbox to remove the image when I delete the Docker? I'm really nervous about removing it completely and losing all of the work I put in setting it up.

Thanks for your help!

23 hours ago, Squirreljester said:

So do I want to remove the container with the checkmark to remove the image too? I really don't want to lose everything I've set up, or have to rescan everything because that took forever too.

I'm having this weird problem now where stuff that used to play shows up fine in Plex but it just doesn't play anymore. The files themselves play fine, but in Plex it just wont play at all, the loading circle just spins.

All of my other dockers are "bridge" except my Binhex-Plexpass, it shows up as:

binhex-plexpass    host    192.168.15.187 ????

I also attached my maps from Docker and my mounts from unraid. I can browse the mounts in unraid just find, and the movies/shows show up as available now, Plex just won't play them.

Maps.png

Mounts.png

What kind of a drive is your appdata share on?  Is it on the array?  Or on a cache or pool device?

You should transcode to the tmp file system for fastest transcoding.  Set '/transcode:' to '/tmp/transcode'.

1 hour ago, Squirreljester said:

See my post above this one. I didn't remove the image yet, do I need to also use the checkbox to remove the image when I delete the Docker? I'm really nervous about removing it completely and losing all of the work I put in setting it up.

Thanks for your help!

Yes.  As I've explained to you before, you won't lose your configuration because it is on appdata.  That doesn't get removed, only the image gets removed and when you re-load the docker container you're right back where you started.  This is the beauty of a docker vs. a VM.  When you delete a VM you lose everything because the configuration and settings are in the VM.

I just reviewed your configuration to the binhex Plex template.  You've changed a lot of things and I think you have created yourself a problem.  The binhex docker template maps media to /mnt/user.  You've mapped stuff in the docker container that might not be appropriate for the binhex Plex container.  I suspect you are filling the docker container with files.

In your case just use /mnt/remotes/ for the media and then set it up in Plex for Music, VIdeos, etc.

I'm afraid you've created a situation that will need you to start all over.  Delete the docker vdisk and start over.  This time just map:

Host Path 2: to /mnt/remotes

Leave everything else to default

On 10/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, dlandon said:

What kind of a drive is your appdata share on?  Is it on the array?  Or on a cache or pool device?

You should transcode to the tmp file system for fastest transcoding.  Set '/transcode:' to '/tmp/transcode'.

My appdata is mapped to my 1TB nvme m.2 drive. I have a second nvme m.2 500gb drive as my array cache.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:39 PM, dlandon said:

Yes.  As I've explained to you before, you won't lose your configuration because it is on appdata.  That doesn't get removed, only the image gets removed and when you re-load the docker container you're right back where you started.  This is the beauty of a docker vs. a VM.  When you delete a VM you lose everything because the configuration and settings are in the VM.

I just reviewed your configuration to the binhex Plex template.  You've changed a lot of things and I think you have created yourself a problem.  The binhex docker template maps media to /mnt/user.  You've mapped stuff in the docker container that might not be appropriate for the binhex Plex container.  I suspect you are filling the docker container with files.

In your case just use /mnt/remotes/ for the media and then set it up in Plex for Music, VIdeos, etc.

I'm afraid you've created a situation that will need you to start all over.  Delete the docker vdisk and start over.  This time just map:

Host Path 2: to /mnt/remotes

Leave everything else to default

Alright, deleted the docker and the image file, and recreated it.

I have 3 maps so I could get everything to work:

Host Path 2: container path is /media and host path is /mnt/user

Transcode: container path is /transcode and host path is /tmp/transcode

Remotes: container path is /mnt/remotes and host path is /mnt/remotes

/media is all my content on unraid, and /mnt/remotes is all the SMB shares I've mounted in the unassigned devices section.

All of my content appears to be accessible, although when I first clicked on browser from within Plex it told me it was inaccessible, and then displayed the contents. I haven't received that error again.

On the main page of Unraid under memory, I have 32gb, and it shows 41% is Docker. Is there a way for me to see what docker is using that much ram, or is it safe to say that it's Plex and that's normal?

Is there anything that seems out of place or incorrect in my configuration? I honestly don't know what the difference is between what I had and how it's set up now.

6 hours ago, Squid said:

The % isn't RAM.  It's the % of the image being used.  You can see the RAM usage on the Docker Tab and switching to Advanced View

ok that makes sense. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

I put my p2000 video card in my server earlier, and I was following Spaceinvader's videos on how to get Plex to use the video card for transcodes, and it doesn't seem to be working. I also set up tdarr to convert some of my files because I'm having the EAC3 audio codec bug now where Plex just won't play anything with the EAC3 audio codec. I set up the video card with the 2 variables in the container exactly the same way on both containers. Plex won't work, but tdarr uses the GPU transcoding fine. Is there a trick to getting that working in Plex?

2 hours ago, Squid said:

I have a "normal" daily driver with a decent video card, so I run Plex on it to avoid any of the complications with GPU passthrough to a container.

This all used to run perfect on my old ass computer, I7-860 with a p2000 and Windows 10. My new unraid server I built has a Rizen 7 pro 3700x in it, but once 3 or 4 people connected to my Plex server to stream and transcode stuff, all 16 of my cores would almost constantly be spiked at 95%. I got that processor so I wouldn't have to run the p2000 anymore, but apparently this isn't as amazing of a setup as it looks on paper. I'm very disappointed in this so far.