Unraid Server Crashes... and network freeze until i reboot the server...

AndreB

• 2 weeks later...

OK it just append again, all the network freeze and i can't do noting to get access to the server, i have to do a cold shutdown with the power button for 5 sec.

as soon as i shut down the server all the network start up again with nothing esle to do from my part.

This time i have the syslog file and i did a screen shot of the monitor attache to the server.

hope you will have everything needed to help me...

thanks and good day.

Andre

UNRAID_Screenshot_AT_Freez-up_or_Hang-UP20211031_113134.jpg

syslog.txt

Thanks, but i'm in there and the only syslog file i have there is the one i posted.

i made a folder for all syslog and put it on an other server.

but it may be because i activated it after the first message, so the crash may not be on yet....

does it make any sense?

66t2HGPi7A.png

Edited by AndreB
  • 1 month later...

Ok to all, my server did crash again last night,

i do hope you will have what needed to help me fix this problem, because i sure can fix it myself.

again, when the server crash all land liked to the same switch, froze, all i did to make the network working again is to unplug the network cable from the server, an voila...

the network start working again, so it's definitely a server problem...

then again i shut down the server by holding the power button for 5 second.

and the server start like noting was wrong .

the log i got is attache here so please someone, help meeeeee.

syslog-20.10.20.98.log

filesserver-diagnostics-20211204-2228.zip

Edited by AndreB

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address, upgrading to v6.10 and switching to ipvlan might fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enable, top right)), or see below for more info.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/70529-650-call-traces-when-assigning-ip-address-to-docker-containers/

See also here:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/690691-kernel-panic-due-to-netfilter-nf_nat_setup_info-docker-static-ip-macvlan-r1356/

• 3 weeks later...

hi, off topic here just for my info... i have 3 UNRAID server, and i wonder if i have to install swag, nginx proxy manager on all to get reverse proxy?

André

p.s. my server did not freeze since JorgeB pointed me to the Macvlan problem, so i switch to ipvlan, and so far it's good... Thanks