New Payment Options

SpencerJ

New Payment Options Poll  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Juanzilla said:

No crypto currency? That one will be a global payment system.

the problem is already evident in your comment, you say crypto currency because you dont want to imply using a certain one.

Problem is there are a bazillion crypto currencies now and whenever you start accepting one people will spam around why Doge coin is accepted by Shiba Inu coin is not

Then you also need a service in between that updates the pricing as crypto currencies are far from stable so you usually end up with a payment provider which defeats the purpose of using crypto in the first place.

Then you also need to convert that crypto back to FIAT currency as crypto usually isnt accepted to pay the bills so they need a tax guy to handle this stuff on top of the usual stuff.

Same for customers, depending on where you are buying something with your crypto could be a realized gain which is then taxed so you need documentation to track all this for tax season.

Overall its just one giant effort for a relatively small group of people who if they would practice what they preach not use cryptos anyways because they will HODL forever.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, S80_UK said:

The poll definitely needs a "None of the above" option.  Without that I cannot vote. 

Then, don't vote ? :D 

The currently available option suit me, so I don't have an opinion on this topic. I clicked on show results because I'm curious but I didn't had to do even that.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Then, don't vote ? :D 

The currently available option suit me, so I don't have an opinion on this topic. I clicked on show results because I'm curious but I didn't had to do even that.

Would be much clearer with a simple "none of the above" and likely people would actually vote. It's in no way clear that clicking "view results" counts as abstention.

The current numbers show 135 out of 219 voted, i.e. "no vote" is second choice by a slim margin to ApplePay (89 vs 84)

Edited by Shonky
  • 2 months later...
  • SpencerJ unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...