(solved) Problem With New Router

I purchased an Amazon Eero Pro 6 mesh router to replace a failed Linksys Velop mesh router. Installation of the new Eero was without problem until I tried to boot my unRAID server. I was not able to get to the GUI. In thinking things through, I realized that the old Velop, with a tcp/ip address of 192.168.1.1, handed out tcp/ip addresses in the range of 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.250. My unRAID server from the GUI had an assigned static address of 192.168.1.95. The new Eero router, address 192.168.4.1, hands out address in the 192.168.4.x range. I believe that this is the reason I cannot get to the GUI.

I was also using the newer remote access feature as well.

I also change the default name of the server.

What should I do so that the unRAID server can receive a new address in the 192.168.4.x range?

Thanks so much! I was hoping that it might be this simple but was worrying that it would not be. I have already pulled the flash drive and found the config/network file. I will use Notepad++ to edit the file and return it to the unRAID server. 

I will post here if I am successful in getting to the GUI and will change the status of this post to solved.

• carefreepastor changed the title to (solved) Problem With New Router
  • 1 year later...

An alternative way to do this without changing the static IP address on your UnRaid server is to go into your eero app, go to "Settings", "Network Settings", "DHCP & NAT", and click on "Manual IP". You can then do the following:

-Ensure that your "IP address prefix" matches that of your old server (example: if your previous router's IP was 192.168.1.1, you should use the "192.168.0.0" default prefix for this eero setting).

-Set the "Subnet IP" to that which was on your previous router (example: if your previous router's IP was 192.168.1.1, the "Subnet IP" in this eero field would be 192.168.1.0)

-Set the "Subnet Mask" to 255.255.255.0 (the eero app default will likely be 255.255.0.0, but don't use it or you won't be able to save the eero app's manual IP configuration)

-Set the "Starting IP" to that which your old router started with, PLUS a number which is more than the total of number eero devices that you plan to use (router and satellites). This is because the eero devices will automatically be given IP addresses starting with xxx.xxx.x.1 - and increase from there. (ex: if you plan to use 5 eero devices, you should set this "Starting IP" value ABOVE xxx.xxx.x.5 - I would set it higher than that in case you want to add more eero devices later. To be on the safe side, I would start at xxx.xxx.x.20, or in this case, 192.168.1.20).

-Set the "Ending IP" value to the same number as your previous router ended with (example: xxx.xxx.x.254 or in this case, 192.168.1.254)

-Click "Save", then "Reboot" when prompted - and wait several minutes.

After this, you will see that you will be able to locate your UnRaid server by typing its old static IP address into your web browser.

BTW, after being in the chaotically inconsistent and problematic Netgear Orbi world for many years, I have found the eero environment much, much more user-friendly and reliable. The eero Pro 6e night is still very young, though ...