I have now had Unraid USB erased 3 times

vid1953

I have it on a seperate usb which is in the server. The unraid program is up and running. The key they sent me in July will not work. I sent unraid support a request

for my new key numbers. I know which HD is the parity drive. Will i be able to acces my movies on all 4 HD?

I found a picture of the drives and their serial numbers and put them in that order. I guess i have to go with that and take a shot. This has happened 3 times and the 4th will not be a charm. If i lose all my files then im just going back to windows 10.
....easy to say, but you should have made backups of your data.
Loosing the stick like this and that many times, implies that you probably made mistakes, when passing USB ports to a VM or something like this.

Regardless, your situation is not fatal.
You could create a USB with a Linux live ISO and boot into that....provided you have either IPMI or mouse, keyboard and monitor attached.
From within the live OS you can mount and open your disks ...the parity disk will appear as non mountable, but all data disks can be accessed from a file manager and you can than make your backups.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G780G mit Tapatalk

The last three times everything is working fine for months and then you go to use it and nothing.  I am definitely a novice and learning. You’ve lost me on recovery. If I can just get my movie files back I can reload all dockers. And start from scratch. 
Could be you messed up a Docker Setting or just have a buch of faked USB Sticks.
My Method described how you can access the data disks, without unraid from a Linux System, a Live one, that will not need to be installed.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:16 AM, Ford Prefect said:

...look again, do not start the array without checking that Box, if there is a risk that you did not allocate all disks in the same order as you have on that Screenshot.

I checked the box and did a parity check which came up with 357726 errors. I have attached the logs which i have no idea on how to read. I think at this point I would like to use plex on windows only. Is there a way to format my discs back to NTFS?

syslog.txt

7 hours ago, vid1953 said:

I checked the box and did a parity check which came up with 357726 errors. I have attached the logs which i have no idea on how to read. I think at this point I would like to use plex on windows only. Is there a way to format my discs back to NTFS?

syslog.txt 91.96 kB · 1 download

....what you should have done, after checking the box, which states that "parity is valid", is something else.

You should have first checked, if the data is still there and intact. Since read operation does not require parity you could check and even transfer/save data to a backup.

After that, you should have done a parity check including the checkmark set on the box that states "write corrections to parity".

Your syslog contains no errors at all.

Your data disks are mounted in xfs just fine....so, is all your data there and intact?

Edited by Ford Prefect
12 hours ago, vid1953 said:

So I assume  all the movie files are gone.

Well, didn't you check?

It sounds strange, that this has happend to you after a multiple year long "uptime".

12 hours ago, vid1953 said:

so at this point I have to make new share folders and get new files or just convert to windows which is much easier to understand. I really appreciate your help

Should you go that route, I'd recommend looking into stablebit drivepool...where you can pool individual drives into a larger Array/Share and where each individual drive is still formatted in itstelf, giving you the ability to extract and mount it outside if things go fubar....quite similar to unraid, but no parity (offers duplication settings for files and folders instead). I am using it in my Win based TV recorder/server and my Win Workstation and I am also very happy with it.

I was thinking about going with windows program and just mirror the drive that holds all my movies.  I would load windows onto my ssd card and then reformat all my drives to NTFS from the unraid. server. Once I load windows do you think I will have any problem formatting my hard drives since they came from the Unraid server? I will checkout the stablebit drivepool and try it if it isnt to hard to figure out. Im sure you can tell that im not computer savey. I assume that stablebit drivepool would work with Sonarr?

You have been awesome help to me. Thank You