How to remove Cache drive for an extended period before adding new one ?

Hi,

I think my Samsung 970 EVO 500GB cache drive is dying. I'm starting to have multiple random errors on my system such as:-

1. Docker image becoming read only
  2. VM discs becoming corrupted
  3. Shares disappearing and reappearing on reboot.
  4. Dockers becoming unavailable, shutting down and not updating (Tautulli, & other stuff) ... probably same as 1.

The S.M.A.R.T results for my cache drive are the only drive in my array thats showing errors (Its less than a year old):-

1. Numb Err Log Entries = 172 
  2. Media Errors = 1

So heres my question:-

Can i move everyting off of my cache drive and onto my array for a period of time (Until I can save for a new SSD) to be my system stable again and then move everything back to the array once i install a new one ???

What would the steps be (Is it as simple as setting all of the shares to Cache:No) letting the mover do its thing and then continue that way 

Thanks

D.

neo-diagnostics-20211023-0836.zip

Edited by Big Dan T
36 minutes ago, Big Dan T said:

What would the steps be (Is it as simple as setting all of the shares to Cache:No) letting the mover do its thing and then continue that way 

Not quite :

• Make sure nothing refers directly to /mnt/cache, but only indirectly via the User Share.
  • Change to either Cache:No or Cache:Prefer (to later automatically start using cache again when one is added).
  • Details on getting files from cache to array are covered here in the online documentation that can be accessed via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.
  • After doing that you can remove the cache