Not Connected to Mothership error after first install

Hi there, I just installed the MyServers plugin like so:

- With the Community Applications plug-in enabled

- Going to Apps, searching for Limetech My Servers and installing it

- Reloading the page, signing in through the upper-right sign-up screen

- Entered name, email, password

- Waited for the confirmation email, which never arrived

- Managed to logged in into forums.unraid.net and access the MyServers page without having to enter an email confirmation code

- Am now logged in, but on the server side I see the warning icon and the "Not Connected to Mothership" error (below). Likewise on the MyServers dashboard.

I've done `unraid-api restart` just to be sure, with no effect.

image.png.1275310afbe1fbd9896322848901f7ae.png

image.png.d69ebf8edd3e5014b79b27264cead925.png

Just wanted to let you know that I also cannot access my Server from the My Servers page.  Added the 443 in router, and I can successfully hit check on remote access in the management access page.  I can even access my server directly using a web browser and https://.  But nothing on the My Servers portal...

And I have rebooted after setting everything up and still no go...

Edited by RickyIsbell

Apologies y'all are seeing issues as well. If one the following doesn't fix your issue then we'll have a fix out soon that may require a plugin update.

• open a terminal window & try unraid-api restart
  • sign out and in again
  • remove & install plugin
  • reboot

@dja thanks for your detailed video. This specific bug is related to the API overwriting the cached user details after page load. I think option 3 should fix it.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, zspearmint said:

Apologies y'all are seeing issues as well. If one the following doesn't fix your issue then we'll have a fix out soon that may require a plugin update.

• open a terminal window & try unraid-api restart
  • sign out and in again
  • remove & install plugin
  • reboot

@dja thanks for your detailed video. This specific bug is related to the API overwriting the cached user details after page load. I think option 3 should fix it.

Removing and adding the plugin did work to get me signed in, but I still got the API error. I had to reboot. This seems to happen every 30-40 days or so. Is remote access supposed to work as well? After reboot I get the online status and 'all good' from /myservers page...but clicking local access nothing ever loads. It just sits and spins.  I do have a custom port fwd to 443. 

@zspearmint I just wanted to piggyback on this as well:

I upgraded my license today from free to Plus and am now getting the "not connected to mothership" error. 

I have: 

1. unraid-api restart

2. Uninstalled/reinstalled plugin

3. Rebooted

4. Made sure to go to tools/registration and download/install the upgrade key

No luck. 

Edited by dirtymike0330
On 10/27/2021 at 7:39 AM, dja said:

Removing and adding the plugin did work to get me signed in, but I still got the API error. I had to reboot. This seems to happen every 30-40 days or so. Is remote access supposed to work as well? After reboot I get the online status and 'all good' from /myservers page...but clicking local access nothing ever loads. It just sits and spins.  I do have a custom port fwd to 443. 

Hmmm…Remote access operates separately from the API. If you've configured things correctly on your side it should work.

Is the local access URL https://<YOUR_HASH>.unraid.net?

2 hours ago, zspearmint said:

Hmmm…Remote access operates separately from the API. If you've configured things correctly on your side it should work.

Is the local access URL https://<YOUR_HASH>.unraid.net?

Yes, I am seeing that locally and when I try to use it remotely. It's not an urgent thing, but when I was 2000 miles away and couldn't get into my system remotely (due to my mistakes with VPN) it would have been handy! :) Thanks for the continued help. 

Edited by dja

Same here today.

FIrst Unraid told me the flash drive was damaged.
Reboot, it went into Parity check.
Cancelled it, now:

image.png.1b844048182ff541fb2e1652703076be.png

And:
image.png.81ec6a2f8f3451a08f617041f8252227.png

Config is ok.

Puzzled.

EDIT: now it went online by itself after some minutes.

EDIT2: reboot, same problem. It seems it takes age to be recognized by My Servers (or to say "hey, i'm alive").

Edited by dhstsw
On 10/28/2021 at 10:59 AM, dirtymike0330 said:

@zspearmint I just wanted to piggyback on this as well:

I upgraded my license today from free to Plus and am now getting the "not connected to mothership" error. 

I have: 

1. unraid-api restart

2. Uninstalled/reinstalled plugin

3. Rebooted

4. Made sure to go to tools/registration and download/install the upgrade key

No luck. 

UPDATE: I don't know if the devs pushed any updates, but I have been connected fine for several days now. Solved (on my end anyway). Thanks. 

Well, don't really know what's wrong.

Every time i reboot i get:

image.png.7ac2528f1e5705e90d706aa783045ee2.png

Then it *may* become avaiable, *if* it will after a lot of time. But that's not always the case.

Also, aftere every reboot, all the setting for My Server are reset to default, so:
image.png.c9d2c5e8ec92bb372ee13fac9044f62f.png

I turn "Allow Remote Access" to Yes, apply, and after a reboot everything goes back to "No".

I already tried to uninstall/reinstall. I was hoping that maybe after updating to Unraid RC2 thing would have fixed by themselves but that's not the case.

I'm basically always like that:

image.png.f2864496672b83181d23249ad85fcc13.png

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...