WAN Port Configuration Issue

Hello all,

Hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Currently my ISP router (Sky) [SR203] which passes internet traffic via ethernet into my pair of ASUS WifiAX Xt-8 Routers and they act as the main access throughout the house.

My Unraid server is connected to one of the XT8's in the Office so I'm having the problem whereby I need to pass the port through multiple routers to gain external access for "My Servers"

Example of "How i though it works" and the current setup:

Sky Router 190.160.0.1, forwards port 14444 to ASUS XT8 190.160.50.1

Then ASUS XT8 190.160.50.1, forwards port 14444 to my Unraid Server 190.160.50.109 and translates to 443

Am i missing something or is this totally wrong?

Thanks in advance!

29 minutes ago, jonp said:

Hi there,

Boy that sounds like a complex environment!  In short, yes, that is in essence how it should work so long as all the ports line up.  Are you saying that's not working?  If so, please attach your system diagnostics so I can review.

Reassuring that it sounds like I was in the right ball park, though sadly isn't working and My Servers management is limited to local.

I've attached Diagnostics, if that's the right stuff you needed.

Bare in mind I'm just testing unraid atm to setup a nextcloud server to replace all the subscription based platforms we currently have so configs, shares etc are all temp.

fieldfare-diagnostics-20211025-2327.zip

So on the Management Access settings page, you have Allow Remote Access set to Yes and the WAN port set to 14444.  On that same page you have the SSL Port set to 443.

You then logged into your Sky Router and configured a port forwarding setting to forward traffic from 14444 on the WAN to 14444 on your Asus Wifi device.  Then you logged into your Asus and configured 14444 to forward to 443 on your Unraid server?  That last part is really important.  The last forwarding rule should forward from 14444 to 443, not 14444 to 14444.

I think the issue is probably in your forwarding configuration.